Do I seem like a dateable person?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

I try to keep away from saying something as self-centered as this but based on this list would I seem like a dateable man?
1. I'm 19, 5'7, have red hair, blue eyes, and physically I'm above average.
2. I have never had a girlfriend before, lots of crushes but no legit relationships.
3. I work as a dishwasher at a restaurant, have been for about week now, this is the first job I've ever had.
4. I have no car and don't know how to drive.
5. I am what you might call a dweeb, geek, or nerd. I've watched a lot of movies, TV shows, and have played A LOT of Video games in my time.
6. Based on the above statement my favorite things are Star Wars, Star Trek, and any Bethesda or Irrational made games.
7. I am a very quite to people I first meet, it may take a few weeks or even months before I become talkative.
8. I am generally talkative to people I like right off the bat.
9. I am a stoner, I have been since before I started drinking and smoking weed. (If you grew up with the kind of family I grew up with then you would understand this better)
10. I am always polite and caring for the needs of others. If in a relationship I would dedicate 100% of my time to someone whilst keeping their feelings in my mind as well.
11. My standard for beauty isn't high, but my standards for who someone is on the inside are very high.
12. I'm a basket case and I need to work on myself, but another person to help guide and love me along the way would help.

And to make an even more self-centered statement, I think I could only date someone who is very much like me as a person. I've kind of overcame this notion though, mainly by remembering no two souls are ever exactly alike. So do I come off as a person who is needy, self-indulged, kind, or just plain creepy? My hope is that I can get more insight into how I appear to other people.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

It would be kind of hard to judge the kind of person you are based off of a Internet thread. However, I will say this: you attract what you are. So that part you said about wanting to date someone like you is a good vision to have.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 12:19 pm

Franki, what a desirable woman wants is a man who is self-confident, meaning he knows who he is, what he wants, and what he's about. She wants a man who is emotionally stable--at least reasonably so--which includes treating her with kindness and consideration, and who can prove to her that he can handle life's vagaries and misfortunes with competence and equanimity, and life's triumphs with grace and modesty. Finally, she wants a man who is employed and able to support himself, if not her. Everything else is negotiable.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 12:30 pm

You didn't mention whether you have many regular friends, and if you don't, I'd say that should be your priority over dating. Most people tend to meet their significant others through their circle of friends. Plus, you learn how to be more social without the pressure of having to impress someone.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 12:55 pm

Very very hard to say based on the data you´ve given us. Different people like different things...