Yes 32%  32%  [ 9 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
1/2 & 1/2 43%  43%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 28

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2007, 2:22 pm

It's a poll, feel free to comment as well.

PS I'm a nice guy but have never dated a single woman. Take it for what it's worth :-P

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 2:42 pm

I have a theorey that that the most attractive men are also the biggest jerks.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 3:11 pm

A lot of women (especially in their teens and twenties) go for jerks for reasons beyond my comprehension. These women are usually extraverted, not so bright, or had a dysfunctional family background (which apparently is pretty common).

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2007, 3:17 pm

My hopes for mating are dashed by your insights :-|~

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 3:45 pm

Seen too many friends hurt (literally, think Once Were Warriors) by badboys. So a definite NO from me :)

+agree @ jerk comments

Everyone likes something different.

Conclusion: every man has a chance :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 4:00 pm

I go for nice guys.

caramel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2007, 6:05 pm

honestly i don't like bad boys...
i think when i was younger i had a thing for men who i perceived as bad or who looked so good it didn't matter much (that started when i got to college for some reason probably because i wasn't acting like myself on purpose to attract a certain type of men) how they treated me...

but honestly i (especially now) like good guys all the way around... in fact i've fallen for many that were sweet, acted with their heart, and thought about my needs but honestly, i've never met a good guy that wanted me back... and i'm now honestly figuring that bad boys want you so they can screw you over and move onto the next idiot female who would use them... and that good guys, frankly are too damn hard to get in my case. Perhaps because i might appear to be a "bad girl" or otherwise a liability to a good guy?

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 8:12 pm

Of course they do! They are masochists by nature :lol:

Don't question the obvious.

Panik
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2007, 8:15 pm

Revenant wrote:
Of course they do! They are masochists by nature :lol:

Don't question the obvious.
Bingo!

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2007, 7:58 am

Whether the guy is a 'nice' or 'bad' person is entirely up to perspective.
He can be a 100% nice fellow until he slips up and then he's a bad guy. As everyone (male or female) slips up eventually and makes a mistake, you can easily say that 'she only goes for bad guys' because they've all made their mistakes while dating her.
*shrug*

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 3:14 pm

cheesecheese wrote:
Whether the guy is a 'nice' or 'bad' person is entirely up to perspective.
He can be a 100% nice fellow until he slips up and then he's a bad guy. As everyone (male or female) slips up eventually and makes a mistake, you can easily say that 'she only goes for bad guys' because they've all made their mistakes while dating her.
*shrug*

I think in reference to the topic it's not the literal 'bad guy' in question here :) More the 'badboy' image, you know, the rough dangerous kind...lives on the wrong side of the law most of the time. You've got nice guys, and badboys...

DataSage
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2007, 3:34 pm

The answer is yes. See my guide for a detailed explanation as to why.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 3:56 pm

Kind guys.. "Nice" can be too easily manipulative..

I've a friend who is "nice" but he is "nice" because he had no spine.. He'd agree with everything you said so that seemed friendly (until I picked up on the fact he'd agree with me, then someone else in the same room with the opposite opinion).. I've another friend who is "kind" and gets a lot of girls (he also can read body language).

Girls like guys that are simply "confident" and whether you are nice or not, doesnt matter, its the confidence..

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2007, 6:33 pm

Supposedly yes, at least if I am to believe the two girls who were in my group at lunch last semester.

They had all of these weird theories, almost astrological in nature, on what type of boys girls tended to like.

However, I concur with the post above me: girls go for confident, assertive men.

-aaron

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2007, 9:30 pm

Yes, but only when the alternitive is a passive-aggressive girly man.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 6:30 am

Corvus wrote:
Kind guys.. "Nice" can be too easily manipulative..

I've a friend who is "nice" but he is "nice" because he had no spine.. He'd agree with everything you said so that seemed friendly (until I picked up on the fact he'd agree with me, then someone else in the same room with the opposite opinion).. I've another friend who is "kind" and gets a lot of girls (he also can read body language).

Girls like guys that are simply "confident" and whether you are nice or not, doesnt matter, its the confidence..

Bullarks to that

The only people that can be manipulated are ignorant and closed minded people. I probably considered a nice guy because petty social minor indesquesion don’t bother me at all. Other people ignorance driven hatred and disrespect of others does bother me. Am I supposed behave in a angry intolerable way to appear to have a backbone to please the NT

Whenever I do show some attitude, I come over as a know-all or someone who never agrees with the group. My non biased attitude pisses of some NTs. It especially did my ex girl friend when she blamed a neighbour for opening her letters.

So generally woman like assertive, forceful and pushy men but they want them be that way in an NT way not an Aspie.