Am I just over thinking this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2013, 9:54 pm

Okay to start this off this is about someone I used to like but was never man enough to talk to her. I have since moved on and now I'm just wondering about a few things.

First off back when I told my brother I liked her I remember him saying she liked me too but at the time I brushed it off because my brother is a complete ass to me usually. Now onto the next thing, last year I had a class with her and at one point we were forced to move to a different for a project. Well the first and second day I just moved one chair to the right and she sat three seats over from me and decided to move all the way from basically the other side of the classroom to sit a seat to my left. Then on the second day she went to do the same but this time someone else sat there and she looked confused for a second then went to sit somewhere else.

Okay later that year we we're suppose to write speeches about our life motto and well I botched it. But when she went up for her speech according to my friend whom was sitting next to me she looked only once at the end of the classroom I was at and then quickly looked away and never looked back over.

Okay now here's what prompted me to type this. Last Saturday at my school's homecoming dance I noticed that she was paying more attention to me than her own date whom she is actually in a relationship with. Now every time I would look over at her she would either turn her head away or faced her date again.

So am I just reading too much into this or am I not?

If you need me to clarify something just let me know.

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2013, 3:50 am

I'm 26, and I'm no better than anyone in high school...but seriously you're in high school.
People in high school, boys and girls, will be very "all over the place." They call it "high school drama" for a reason. But not everyone is like that, maybe she is down to earth? Who knows?

Go up and talk to her and see if she can give you more "hints" when having a conversation.
If you really think she is paying special attention to you or you think these hints may mean something else, talk to her, you got nothing to lose. Even if it fails, at least you had the balls to go up to her and talk, right? And even if it fails, you got more confidence for the next girl.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

FunkMasterMike wrote:
I'm 26, and I'm no better than anyone in high school...but seriously you're in high school.
People in high school, boys and girls, will be very "all over the place." They call it "high school drama" for a reason. But not everyone is like that, maybe she is down to earth? Who knows?

Go up and talk to her and see if she can give you more "hints" when having a conversation.
If you really think she is paying special attention to you or you think these hints may mean something else, talk to her, you got nothing to lose. Even if it fails, at least you had the balls to go up to her and talk, right? And even if it fails, you got more confidence for the next girl.

That where a problem begins. Her boyfriend knows I used to like her and he can be a real as*hole so I'd prefer to avoid a fight. But even then there's the fact that I'm not really interested in being in a relationship this year due to the fact I'm moving out of state at the end of the school year.

Also she's a honor student and I'm a flunky. She's very popular and I'm certain there's a few people who wouldn't mind if I were to die. So approaching her by itself would be....interesting.

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ