Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm

Hey, I have this problem at my workplace. A lot of females there seem to like me, but I can’t do anything about it. The conversations I have with them are only limited to me saying “Hi” or “Bye”. A big reason for this is that they work inside the building and I work outside, so I don’t really get to interact with them, just see them enter and leave, really.

Is there anything that can be done about this? There have been a numerous amounts of hints that let me know that many there like me. Thanks for any possible help.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 12:31 pm

If the only thing you've said to them is “Hi” or “Bye” I don't understand how you can glean interest. Maybe try saying other things?

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

A lot of threads in this section concentrate on skills, but they don't talk about the importance of having situations to use those skills!

People eat. Where does everybody eat?

People go for after work refreshment - where? Where do people gather before?

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2013, 1:08 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
If the only thing you've said to them is “Hi” or “Bye” I don't understand how you can glean interest. Maybe try saying other things?

There are many ways to tell if someone is attracted to you. You don't necessarily have to speak to them to know.

What else can be said to them?

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2013, 1:09 pm

octobertiger wrote:
A lot of threads in this section concentrate on skills, but they don't talk about the importance of having situations to use those skills!

People eat. Where does everybody eat?

People go for after work refreshment - where? Where do people gather before?

What are you saying here?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 1:10 pm

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

There are many ways to tell if someone is attracted to you. You don't necessarily have to speak to them to know.

Is there a department you have little insight about at work?
You could just approach one of the girls who says hi that doesn't seem to busy and ask them what kind of stuff they have to do that day at work and build from there.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 1:21 pm

I read some pretty good suggestions already.
Isn't there a common room somewhere where people eat?
How many breaks do you have during your workday?

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm

Conversation, and connection, more often than not is created by the circumstance, and the willingness to connect.

Find something. There will be something.

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2013, 2:42 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

You could just approach one of the girls who says hi that doesn't seem to busy and ask them what kind of stuff they have to do that day at work and build from there.

Yeah, I could always do that, but I'm a very non-social person. And it would look weird now because I've worked there for some time and never did that before.

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2013, 2:45 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
I read some pretty good suggestions already.
Isn't there a common room somewhere where people eat?
How many breaks do you have during your workday?

I eat outside. They eat inside. I'm not exactly allowed in the inner inside, just the outer inside.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 3:25 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

Yeah, I could always do that, but I'm a very non-social person. And it would look weird now because I've worked there for some time and never did that before.

It'll seem less weird over time the more you do it :) interacting with colleagues in general I mean. It will definitely look weird if you only speak to the women, though.

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2013, 3:15 am

Dating someone at work, that's a big no-no. Keep it professional and less awkward as possible. Its your cash flow, not a place to pickup chicks. Of course if you don't directly work with them, (separate companies or departments) it might be okay, but theres so many fish in the sea, the workplace is the last place you should look. :)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 3:54 am

You should try to date the person after you and/or her stopped working there maybe (unless if she left because of you or if you got your ass fired for being a "creeper" to them).

But workplace affairs are another double standard I think, some people can do affairs at a certain place and get away with it while at the same place others will be "creep-labeled" for hitting on people out of their league at work and will get told that such behaviour is unacceptable in a work situation.

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2013, 2:15 pm

Uprising wrote:
You should try to date the person after you and/or her stopped working there maybe (unless if she left because of you or if you got your ass fired for being a "creeper" to them).

But workplace affairs are another double standard I think, some people can do affairs at a certain place and get away with it while at the same place others will be "creep-labeled" for hitting on people out of their league at work and will get told that such behaviour is unacceptable in a work situation.

It seems like I'm one of the people that can get away with it. I won't be labeled a "creep" because some of these girls apparently want me to mess around with them.