Why do so many Aspies want their partners to be 'perfect'?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 1:27 am

cause where beautiful and pure and soooo unique like a snow flake in fact.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 1:31 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Sometimes.

I think it might be New Zealand men though. I want romance and to be courted, they just don't do that here. It's just our culture. I might look for a european man.

I find fictional characters are more attractive than real people. I have this fantasy of what I want, and no-one can meet it. Maybe I've just dated dumbasses?

Who knows. But I'd rather be single than settle for someone who doesn't really appeal to me.

no but when I watch Shortland Street I think you may have a point, what a strange lot 8O it makes "Home and Away" look like schindler's list!

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 1:38 am

AussieOutlaw wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Well no-one is perfect.. but you can find people who speak your love language and are perfect for you.

I guess It's just about putting yourself in front of the right people.

I have a few kiwi friends and they all tell me the same thing and that is they dont like New Zealand hence the move, They say that the scenery is exquisite though.

Your a nice looking girl just move to Australia like the others! 8)

why is the grass greener in New Zealand? cause their all over here. I see NZ as a pretend Australia and I dislike fake-ness our Nz is Americas Canada :wink:

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

I believe in the "not perfect, but perfect for me" adage myself. (Great post, Opi!)

I never wanted to date a man who looked like a movie star, who all the other women were drooling over. All I ever wanted was a man whose inner beauty eclipsed whatever external "flaws" he may have.

I fell in love with my late fiance before we'd ever met, before I'd ever seen anything but a very poor quality, poorly-lit photo of him. Turned out he was really photogenic, so he actually looked better in the photo than in person. I actually thought he was kind of funny-looking when we finally met IRL. But after an hour in his company, I stopped noticing the physical oddities. To this day, the only time I really "see" what he looks like is when I see a photo of him. Even then, I always feel like the photo is never a complete picture of him because it doesn't convey the inner person, which was the best part of him.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 11:26 am

I think perfectionism and Asperger's has to do with reading social cues and difficulty predicting what someone will say and do next. Perfect people don't change. Isn't that what we want as Aspies? A reliable routine?

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 11:29 am

^ ye when you are in love or even when you just love someone or even just get to know them really well, you start seeing them in 5D so just superficial appearance is no longer relevant.
however, a lot of men and women only operate on superficial levels, it's a shame for them and those they date, but such is life.

This turned out to be New Zealand man thrashing thread. What a strange coincidence :roll:

I always wanted to live in New Zealand but everyone I ever met told me I'd hate it there because it is backward and like living in the 70s. Beautiful Scenery. Bloody Welsh, it wasn't enough that they ruined Wales for the rest of us with their presence, they had to do it to New Zealand too. (NOTE: this is a joke!! ! very very tongue in cheek. some of my best friends are Welsh! etc)

Funny though, I haven't met a kiwi I didn't like but the guys do seem to have this I Tarzan thing going on and very much a bloke mentality. You can imagine how well that goes over with me :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfaMRDkEgng[/youtube]

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm

Not at all. In fact, I am often kind of intimidated by too handsome guys.

My perfect guy would be normal to tall height, average looking, average weight, dresses casually, makes me laugh, and is kinda goofy.

Perfect people scare me off.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

This is silly.

Perfect is perfectly subjective.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

17 Nov 2013, 11:53 am

Those of us who seek perfection will surley never find it.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 11:55 am

Those of us who find perfection surely never seek it :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 3:06 pm

I thought it was the fault of the Irish even the Simpsons touch base I forget the exact wording though the gist of it was he claimed Ireland is much better these days as all the ret*ds have now emigrated to the usa and are now serving in your police force.

To think the right wanted the rest of Europe to imitate the so called "celtic tiger" more like a starven alley cat these days.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 3:14 pm

aussiebloke wrote:

why is the grass greener in New Zealand? cause their all over here. I see NZ as a pretend Australia and I dislike fake-ness our Nz is Americas Canada :wink:

Aside from all the Rob Ford s**t going on in Toronto, Canada is actually... multicultural.... yeah... multicultural.... and more accepting of it.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 3:18 pm

^^^^

that's what I tried to tell a member here Americans need to end that lie it's around 13% or something in Australia, Switzerland etc it's close to double.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 1:35 am

"Perfection" doesn't exist. In my opinion, anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather date someone who's around the same standards as me.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2013, 2:01 pm

steverogers wrote:
I have found this happens with a lot of my friends, and also myself as I often fall so in love with a girl that I see her as being beyond reproach.

This means that when she makes a mistake I get very disappointed and upset.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Do any of you feel that as 'perfect' women (or men) don't exist that you fall for fictional characters? I know I have!

Or have any of you out there tried to mold someone into their perfect partner (I used to to this in the past) like some kind of Dr Higgins?

Just wondering....

Goodbye till next time

Aspies try and make their potential partners perfect because there's something missing from almost every girl an aspie meets.

Because their minds arent right we try and make every other detail about them perfect as a way of compensating.

The truth is, you just need the right kind of person. Aspie girls, ones that aren't hopelessly consumed by their own selfishness as i know a lot of aspie girls are, are your best bet.

Its the mind, its the way they see the world, thats whats important. With the right mind you will look at a girl twice your weight and think beautiful.

Munin
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2013, 3:58 pm

This is weird. I can really like someone and think they're "perfect", as in a very good match for me, but I don't deny flaws. If you do, you're not really liking the real, actual person for who they are, are you? Everyone has flaws. Sometimes they even make people more interesting, so long as they're not serious, terrible flaws. There are certain traits that I look for, but as long as the important ones are met, I'm pretty accepting of various quirks or weaknesses, etc. Maybe I'm just desperate, but I don't think so. My standards are still pretty important, just... accepting.