feeling lonely and too curious.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Vincent287
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2013, 12:57 am

I go to school each day and I always wonder what a relationship would be like. I am sixteen and a sophomore in high school. (I said sixteen as a sophomore and curious, not me as the fifteen year old freshman that was highly obsessive and sensless that posted on here last time. They are me but two different people on the inside. Glad I grew up so no this isn't a post that you would laugh at anymore).

Ok, so we got the teenager. Raging hormones, frowned by daughters parents at first sight, screw any girl they see (based on society). The whole package.

so, I'm randomly dropped into the teenage male species of high school. Freshman year was a disaster and an embarrassment. The sophomores know that for sure. Im gaining that good reputation of not being like that anymore since the first day of sophomore year. So, whats the deal?

Every teenager just loves social networks. They absolutely have the natural skill of communicating on there. Everything you say can be traced back. By the looks of it fellas, that doesn't go well with me and my past posts on wrong planet will show that.

So, I want to meet girls but you don't exist unless you have snap chat, twitter, instagram, and Facebook. I can't communicate on those though. Wish I lived in my parents time.

So, expected to master the traceable world of social networks, but haven't even mastered social contact in person. what do I do?

Im curious, seen too many couples walk by me holding hands, and been waiting for a while. What do I do?

starenczak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2013, 11:34 am

You wait..........wait for her to make an appearance. In the mean time, find something you're really good at and develop it. You will thank yourself in 10 years time.

hazuki0chan
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2013, 1:02 pm

As the other poster said, wait. Believe me, relationships are not all happiness and sunshine. It's a lot of work to make a relationship work. A LOT. I wish I hadn't jumped into a relationship when I was 17. Even now, I just want to be on my own and pursue my goals. For now, I advise to just enjoy yourself and your youth as much as you can, before someone sucks the life out of you.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 1:21 pm

There's a business magazine, Fast Company, that publishes lots of articles about using social media. Their style of communication and the kind of advice they offer may appeal to you, and you'll also get a head start on keeping a professional presence on the net. They aren't at all straightlaced; it's a fun, edgy kind of business magazine.