Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
It's early days yet, but I've met someone and for the first time in my life, it's a totally mutual, as-yet-uncomplicated relationship. I've met someone who likes me as much as I like them and he's like me in the sense that he can readily give and receive with no expectations. Plus, the sex is already nice - and it's a man too, which I wasn't expecting.

I'm like, 'WTF?! Things never happen so easily for me.' :lol: I think it's the right time in my life though, as I'm still reasonably young, but I'm not wet-behind-the-ears by any means. I can stay level-headed as a result. I don't want to jinx it, so I'll bear in mind that it could all go wrong, but if it does I'll have no regrets and I won't feel it's the end of the world.

It would be nice to hear about other aspies experience of finding themselves in their first 'good' relationship. I got into relationships in the past where I knew in my heart that it wasn't going to work, but I don't feel that way this time. I'd like to know about your first relationship where you felt that it was going to work on a profound level. How old were you? How did you meet them? It would be good to hear about this stuff as it would bring a bit of positivity to Love and Dating and give aspies some hope. :)

I'm happy for you

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.