Page 1 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 4:25 pm

There's a guy I'm dating. He's a kind person as far as I can see, and not a clear PUA otherwise it'd been a straight exit. But recently I started reading all that manosphere stuff for fun and laughs and told him about it- he didn't know what I think about concepts as training women as one trains a dog or seeing whether a woman is ovulating or not and thereby desperate for ''alpha cock''. I've been harassed by PUA's before and despite the fact that they provide me with some laughter I kind of dislike them. They're misogynists and some site and blog entries are imo downright sociopathic.

Would you date a pua?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 4:47 pm

I was interested in this thread as I didnt know what PUA stood for and had to look it up as its the top line of the registration plate on my old motorbike.

Wonder if this will make it worth more?

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm

Perhaps you can put it up on one of those auction sites :D

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 4:58 pm

YourMajesty wrote:
Would you date a pua?

I don't think anybody with an ounce of intelligence would knowingly date a PUA. Not even sure how it's possible as thier entire approach (psychologically manipulating a girl to sleep with you) is basically the exact opposite of how a healthy functional relationship works. Thats why I find it so funny when wannabe PUAs come on this board and offer "dating" advice.

My old roomate was a PUA. He was dating two women simulataneously (somehow without thier knowledge) while also picking up random bar chicks at least once a week. I felt bad for the girls who were being misled and manipulated by a guy who had a very low opinion of them (and women in general.)

I'm pretty sure you'd have to be somewhere on the sociopathy spectrum to be a successful PUA and thats basically the polar opposite of the AS spectrum.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:07 pm

Aren't PUAs called PURs nowadays?

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:19 pm

Geekonychus wrote:

My old roomate was a PUA. He was dating two women simulataneously (somehow without thier knowledge) while also picking up random bar chicks at least once a week. I felt bad for the girls who were being misled and manipulated by a guy who had a very low opinion of them (and women in general.)

ha,funny how liberals and feminist here always blame ''sexism''
is the reason why men can't get dates,yet there are plenty
of sexist pua and players who hate women,yet they have
no trouble getting dates. You know the difference between
a ''sexist pua''and a ''sexist nice guy''One's good looking,
the other is not.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:33 pm

billiscool wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

the other is not.

ha, funny how you put in words like liberal in feminist in a sentence that has nothing to do with either of those terms. Are you on Republican marketing payroll or something?

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:54 pm

leafplant wrote:

ha, funny how you put in words like liberal in feminist in a sentence that has nothing to do with either of those terms. Are you on Republican marketing payroll or something?

Im just pointing out that liberals and feminist need to stop
using the ''sexist''excuse,for some men failure with women.
Sexism is not going to prevent a man from getting a date.
I've been on Player,pua,alpha male blog,these men hate women,
yet,they can attract women,why because their attractive,have
money,high social status,it's the only the ugly,unkept,weird
sexism men,that liberal and feminist hate the most.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm

It doesn't feel good at all. I think it's over.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm

billiscool wrote:
leafplant wrote:

Im just pointing out that liberals and feminist need to stop
using the ''sexist''excuse,for some men failure with women.
Sexism is not going to prevent a man from getting a date.
I've been on Player,pua,alpha male blog,these men hate women,
yet,they can attract women,why because their attractive,have
money,high social status,it's the only the ugly,unkept,weird
sexism men,that liberal and feminist hate the most.

I think you need to stop using words liberals and feminists as I am not even sure you know what they mean.

People always like to look for an excuse why they are not themselves at fault. It's what makes them people.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:59 pm

I think it depends on to what extent and how he uses it. I'd be more likely to date someone who didn't how to talk to women and needed some kind of structure than someone who was using it to learn emotional manipulation techniques.

YourMajesty wrote:
It doesn't feel good at all. I think it's over.

Sorry to hear.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

coffeebean wrote:
I think it depends on to what extent and how he uses it. I'd be more likely to date someone who didn't how to talk to women and needed some kind of structure than someone who was using it to learn emotional manipulation techniques.

There're definitely different gradations to it… but it makes me wonder, how does he view women? And what 'tricks' did he use on me? Hmmz.

And he said ''there're some giving us a bad name'' after I mockingly sent him crazy things PUAs wrote (was on Skype). But from what I've seen thus far the whole pua-culture is ridden with misogyny.

:?

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm

There seems to be a lot of it about these days, from what I over-hear of the young-uns conversations. Everyone is playing some sort of power game. It's a bit sad really and cannot possibly lead to healthy individuals. Not sure what kind of people these kids are going to end up being in ten years time - it's all strangely reminiscent of the 80s and "You Complete Me" reformed bad boys.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm

leafplant wrote:

I think you need to stop using words liberals and feminists as I am not even sure you know what they mean.

People always like to look for an excuse why they are not themselves at fault. It's what makes them people.

I've seen so many feminist site about ''nice guys''than I do about ''sexist player''
feminist will say something like''it's the nice guy,bitter attitude,sexist behavior
is why they fail with women''even if these so-called nice guys are sexist,
that's not the reason their getting rejected,their getting rejected by
how they look,how they act.their weak social skills

question,how come these sexist player,alpha male,even far right
sexist christian male, are not getting rejected,why because their attractive,
have good social skills.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm

billiscool wrote:
leafplant wrote:

I've seen so many feminist site about ''nice guys''than I do about ''sexist player''
feminist will say something like''it's the nice guy,bitter attitude,sexist behavior
is why they fail with women''even if these so-called nice guys are sexist,
that's not the reason their getting rejected,their getting rejected by
how they look,how they act.their weak social skills

question,how come these sexist player,alpha male,even far right
sexist christian male, are not getting rejected,why because their attractive,
have good social skills.

Because they are obviously manipulative and have no regard for the women they are pursuing which means they can present a distorted fantasy version of themselves without feeling guilty, if you care about the person you are interested in you can only present them with yourself and would feel very guilty otherwise.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

billiscool wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

the other is not.

I'm both those things and I typically use the "poor social skills" excuse for men here.
Sometimes it can be sexism that is the problem, though. It depends on the man, how he expresses it, and the women he's pursuing. Dating is too complicated to be able to say "This thing will always work, and this other thing will guarantee that anyone who does it will be alone forever!"

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I