Any athiest or agnostic women?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 1:09 pm

Women who don't believe they are inferior to men and came from the rib of some guy?
Women who have a backbone?
Women who won't take crap from anyone?

If so, welcome to the real club.

Those other clubs are really just a bunch of brainwashing hateful cults.

Do men ever ask for athiest or agnostic women?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 1:21 pm

I would only date an atheist woman who kept her views to herself, and I generally wouldn't want to date someone who expected me to justify my views to her. Beyond that, I couldn't care less if a woman was religious or not; I've been in bed with both religious women and atheist women before.

hazuki0chan
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2013, 1:47 pm

I don't care for religion, so I supposed I'm considered to be an Atheist. That being said, I respect religious people who don't try to force me to follow their religion or condemn me for not being religious.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 1:53 pm

I am atheist and I don't mind atheist woman for sure.
Sadly, atheist women over here are often radical communists and those are often into a lifestyle of alcohol, hash and jazz....well fine for the jazz.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 2:39 pm

I'm certainly an atheist.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 3:03 pm

TheygoMew wrote:

Yeah, they do. I'd say most of the men I've dated in recent years only want to date atheists.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 3:07 pm

Why is there a need to brainwash people?

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm

I'm agnostic, but I'd rather date a religious person who doesn't sneer at others and assume things about them than an agnostic or atheist who does. Beliefs can change and they can be counted on to do the right thing when push comes to shove, but there's little to be done for a nasty attitude or bad character even when they share my views.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm

TheygoMew wrote:

I would have thought that would be a very common preference. I mean, many men are atheists and wouldn't most atheists prefer to date an atheist?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 6:07 pm

I am Christian, and I have friends I get along with who are atheists and agnostics. We actually have civil conversations about the difference in beliefs. I wasn't actually a Christian when I met these people, but they don't seem to care. They like me anyway.

I have also met atheists who definitely knew their spiritual side as well. It was actually quite fascinating.

However, I found where I am now to be working for me (ie. I worry less than I used to).

TM1337FalconPunch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2013, 11:48 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
Women who don't believe they are inferior to men and came from the rib of some guy?
Women who have a backbone?
Women who won't take crap from anyone?

If so, welcome to the real club.

Those other clubs are really just a bunch of brainwashing hateful cults.

Not sure if this is serious or not...

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 11:53 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am atheist and I don't mind atheist woman for sure.
Sadly, atheist women over here are often radical communists and those are often into a lifestyle of alcohol, hash and jazz....well fine for the jazz.

BRB immigrating to Lebanon.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 3:18 am

TheGoggles wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am atheist and I don't mind atheist women for sure.
Sadly, atheist women over here are often radical communists and those are often into a lifestyle of alcohol, hash and jazz....well, fine for the jazz.

BRB immigrating to Lebanon.

If you are radical leftist and militant atheist yourself you might like them. I can list advantages such girls have for an atheist guy:
-They are usually egalitarian
-They are either agnostics or atheists.
-They are usually artsy or working into art professions.
-They are more tolerating to certain social quirks... but only little.

However:
- They are usually very sociable among their own group.
- If you are not like them fashion-wise, they wouldn't make you feel so welcomed. Key items of their fashion: beret, foulard,Che-guevara shirts.
- They are usually into a wild night lifestyle that heavily include alcohol and hash joints. They are also often too into parties and dancing.
- They are usually too into conspiracy theories, ie. US is the big bad boy always. Still live in the Cold war era.

TheCrookedFingers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2013, 4:38 pm

I am a pastafarian :lol:
But really I'm a skeptic agnostic. Both my ex boyfriends were atheists and I believe they wouldn't date practicing religious women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:28 pm

I have to admit tho that the moderately religious/conservative women were way much less likely to be judgmental toward virgin or little-relationship/sex-experienced guys, in fact they usually have positive thinking toward those guys, they are more likely to think "this guy is taking his time to build a stable life" while the atheist/agnostic women have more "if no woman slept with him before then there's something wrong with him" / "if he's chronically single then there's something wrong with him" way of reasoning.

While atheist/zero-practicing women, were all very sexually-experienced and were judgmental toward my lack of experience and they kept asking me non-stop why I don't have an active sexual life, one of them was even shocked because I've never had a threesome (?). They were way more keen in asking about the past and especially relationship/sex wise.

Harsh, but I felt I had to spit it out, that was my experience regarding the two ...."subcultures".

On another hand, the moderates might not tolerate my atheism, but only one of them was like this.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:49 pm

I am agnostic and would find it paradoxical having a relationship with someone whose beliefs would oblige them to expect me to "go to hell" upon my death. :roll:

Church of England christians don't count as their religion is really just a social thing