Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Turquoise773
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2014, 4:59 am

I wasn't planning on meeting someone where I live,as there are a lot of fascists who don't accept me because of depression and anxiety.I just resigned myself to being outcast.Anyway,recently I met someone and it went well.I was quite surprised that he was interested in me as he is around my age.Usually the ones my own age ignore me.
One of the times we were going to meet up,he stood me up.He said that he tried to phone me but he had no signal.We have met up since but I don't know what to do.I thought I could forgive him but I don't believe that he didn't have a signal for hours.I'm wondering if he did it deliberately to make me feel bad,as there is something in human nature that wants others to feel bad as it makes them feel important .I think if I'm ok with someone they should be ok back but it doesn't work like that,which is really confusing.Perhaps some woman has stood him up in the past so he's taking it out on me.He says he's falling for me but actions speak louder than words.I think he does have some anger towards women which he hasn't aimed at me in a blatant way but I'm wondering if that's why he stood me up.
I haven't heard from him for a while,I feel like he wants me to contact him but I texted him last.I think he's getting big headed and wanting me to chase after him but i'm not going to.If I'm ok with him then he should be ok with me.I'm not here to boost peoples egos when they don't do anything for my ego.Why couldn't we just have fun?why did he have to start making me feel s**t for power trip.This planet never changes.it's always the same s**t.Should I forgive him for standing me up?

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 9:30 am

Me? Back when I was dating a woman would only stand me up once and she'd better have a damn good excuse for that one-time event, certainly a better one than 'no signal'.

Move on, find someone who'll treat you like you deserve.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 9:39 am

The short answer would be 'No'. I don't like this guys style or vibes either. Nor do I believe he couldn't contact you. Its possible, but unless there was some problem with your phone to back it up I would suspect it was an excuse. But one questionable incident is not enough to make a choice by, so you have to read all the signs and look for a pattern. Him not contacting you is a negative. That says he is not being considerate, or isn't that interested. Either way looks like not a keeper.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 9:40 am

I've been stood up many times; it's not a good feeling.

I would ask the guy to really explain himself. Maybe give him one more chance. If he doesn't show, that's it!

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2014, 4:28 pm

From what you've said it doesn't sound like this guy is worth any of your time.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 5:00 pm

If he hasn't contacted you in a while, I would suppose that is likely to continue if you proceed with this guy.

My experience would suggest not to chase since you may not like what happens.

Turquoise773
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2014, 7:20 pm

Thanks to everyone for your replies.It hurts so much I don't know what to do with myself.We had chemistry and got on well and he's just thrown it away for an ego trip.I think that's what has happened as he hasn't contacted me.I think he wants me to chase after him to make himself feel important but I'm not going to as I sent the last text.Don't people want to go out with someone and treat each other well?or is that too much to ask and they just want a pathetic ego trip.Im not a soppy person but I think if you go out with someone you should consider them and they should consider you.It always ends up with boring ego trips.I'm so tired of this world and can't wait to die.I can't stand how depressed this as made me.I feel like texting him as I want him to stop this pain but he won't stop it,as the more pain he causes me the more important and powerful it makes him feel.I'm just going to treat him like nothing and ignore him.I think this will affect his big head more,but he's broken my heart and I just want him to bother about me but thats asking too much in this world.I will just have to live in emotional pain as i can't make it stop and just wait to die.If anyone has any advice to stop this pain,please let me know.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 8:17 pm

I think people analyze things far too much. I wouldn't bother with him, personally if he did that. But drilling on about why he did it is pointless and probably way off the mark.

desertnomad
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm

Ignore that mother f****r. He obviously is leading you on.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 12:10 am

Sounds like you need someone to talk to about it. Do you have any relatives or friends to do that? If not maybe there is call help line.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 4:41 am

Good on you for being smart enough to see through his game and, more importantly, strong enough to refuse to play it! :thumleft: I would have done the same thing.