Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 10:33 am

This was a long time ago (2006/2007) but I feel the need to go over it again.

There was this girl who was in one of my classes and before she did smile at me nicely in one of my classes but I never really spoke to her before and i did go to school with her but again i never really knew her. She approached me after college one night and asked "my dad can't pick me up can I walk with you to the train station." I then said to her "yeah sure" we chatted away as we walked to the station and I also walked with her on my way home.

After the Christina's holidays we talked at college and she asked me a lot of questions about myself and we did talk after class. However as the months moved on she became less friendly with me and eventually she stopped talking to me around may 2007. We first started talking in December 2006.

I could tell she fancied me and wanted to be in a relationship with me when i first talked to her but yet the encounter I had with her after college led to nothing not even a date to the movies. She is now married with a husband.

How come we did not become girlfriend and boyfriend I thought she really liked me and it was meant to be?

I have Aspergers by the way

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

Love is very fickle sometimes. There's lots of luck involved, too.

I would bet that it wasn't you; it wasn't even her. People just lose interest in each other, for whatever reason.

I could understand your feelings, though. There seemed an opportunity for happiness there.

Life is like that. You'll find somebody soon.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 10:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Love is very fickle sometimes. There's lots of luck involved, too.

I would bet that it wasn't you; it wasn't even her. People just lose interest in each other, for whatever reason.

I could understand your feelings, though. There seemed an opportunity for happiness there.

Life is like that. You'll find somebody soon.

She seemed perfect for me though. Nice, sweet, intelligent and carrier orientated.

Whenever I seem to get a girls interest i can't even achieve the 'friend zone' I the long run. Cause of my social anxiety I just keep pushing girls away :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 10:46 am

I know how you feel. I felt similar to you for a long time.

The thing is: never develop an ideology whereby you believe you'll never find somebody. That will ensure that you will never find somebody.

I've had girls I've liked, we seemed to click, then we drifted apart.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 11:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know how you feel. I felt similar to you for a long time.

The thing is: never develop an ideology whereby you believe you'll never find somebody. That will ensure that you will never find somebody.

I've had girls I've liked, we seemed to click, then we drifted apart.

I find my life hard enough to manage as it is with my aspergers and ocd. I just think it would be impossible for me to manage a relationship.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

Wouldn't it be nice to have a relationship that you don't have to "manage it?" LOL

Wouldn't it be nice for everything to come naturally between the guy and the girl, without having to "manage it?"

I believe ultimate compatibility dispenses with the need to "manage" anything. Just be into each other!

Anyway...don't give up.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

Well...there isn't really any way to know whether she wanted a relationship with you, Jamesy. Smiling at you, talking with you, and asking you to accompany her to the train station at night don't necessarily mean that. It's possible that she was interested and maybe waiting for you to invite her out. But it's also possible she thought you were just nice, or sweet and a bit lonely-looking and she wanted to cheer you up with a bit of company.

Since there's absolutely no way to know, at this point, I think you should stop worrying about it.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:11 pm

It probably was related to you not reciprocating her interest. I've had my share of that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 12:43 pm

rdos wrote:
It probably was related to you not reciprocating her interest. I've had my share of that.

Argh, you've just described every date I've ever been on.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 4:59 am

she probably expected you to do something and you didn't do it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 5:06 am

Maybe she got to know you well enough to know that you weren't a match for her & it's as simple as that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 7:54 am

886 wrote:

I expected her to do something........

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

Jamesy wrote:
886 wrote:

That sounds like me in my first year of high school. I found out this girl liked me so I waited for her to ask me out. Bad idea.
Don't fall into that trap.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 8:30 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
886 wrote:

That sounds like me in my first year of high school. I found out this girl liked me so I waited for her to ask me out. Bad idea.
Don't fall into that trap.

Like I said before I really thought after my first initial encounter with her that I would be on my way to getting a gf

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm

Yeah. Even when I've dated girls, I still didn't get them as girlfriends.

Maybe you were on your way. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. But you still have to take the other steps.