worst dating attempt or relationship

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 11:16 pm

What was your worse relationship you ever had or attempt (date) with someone in tryingeneral to get a relationship. Briefly describe it and add all the details you want. This is the time vent and key it all out.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:00 am

I'll just unload my whole dating history into this thread. :P

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:08 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Im guessing he didn't like cats and acted like a slob!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Saul3903
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2014, 12:44 am

The relationships I HAVE been in haven't been all that bad, so I'll give my worst ATTEMPTED relationship story.

When I was in high school, and still into Christianity, I went to a night Youth group regularly. It was a pretty big church, and there were A LOT of people to meet. One night I met this one girl who caught my interest almost instantly. She was pretty, had a very upbeat attitude, a quick wit and a unique fashion sense. Okay, a very oddball fashion sense, but I was and still am kind of into that.

Me, being even more clueless about females then than I am now, asked her out a week after meeting her. She declined, and I didn't push it other than asking one extra "Are you sure?"

So, no problem, right? She wasn't interested and that's okay. It got ugly though, thanks to a bunch of social mistakes I made before even meeting her. At that church, I had tried to make friends with both males and females, but so far no luck. I found out later that every girl that I had approached thought I was hitting on them, and so I'd gotten a creepy reputation and had no idea. This girl had been there for awhile, and knew almost everyone. She reported my alleged womanizing to the Pastor, and it wasn't until a couple of years later that I found out why everyone there was so put off by me.

Everyone has had their heart broken or pursued someone who didn't respond positively. Only a few have become social outcasts because they pursued someone with a closed heart and an open ear for gossip.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2014, 5:31 am

It's when I willingly went on a blind date with a girl that my dad fixed me up. It turned out somewhat okay, but I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship with her without breaking her heart.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 5:40 am

younginflavor18 wrote:
It's when I willingly went on a blind date with a girl that my dad fixed me up. It turned out somewhat okay, but I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship with her without breaking her heart.

If that's the worst you've had, you're doing ok.

Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 6:01 am

All my experiences were pretty bad. I think the worst was I wasted 3 months of my life chasing a girl I thought was shy, having never had a boyfriend before, and it turns out she was just using me to prove something to her friends. Basically just gave me the middle finger and didn't talk to me again, just did the bare minimum to pretend she cared. Total joke.

Also recently had a blind date and the woman wasn't social at all and completely rude. Obviously neither of us had any attraction towards each other but she wasn't even willing to be friendly about it, just texting the whole time and ignoring half my questions lol.. never doing that again :x

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 3:52 pm

I was at college and there was this girl I really liked called Karen. I've always had a weakness for redheads and with her I had it BAD. Well, I kept on asking her out and she kept on saying no because she was a born-again Christian and I'm just not religious. Anyway, one day she comes up and invites me to join her at a church service that Saturday evening.

YESSSS!! !! !!

How excited was I? I wasn't even bothered that I'd miss Dr Who (this was years before the VCR)

So, Eccles turns up at the place at the appointed hour and within ten minutes my heart began to sink. Karen looked amazing, Karen looked spectacular, but someone without a religious bone in his body does not belong in a gospel church. I managed to stay just over an hour, I sang, I clapped along, but my heart just wasn't in it, and when the preacher invited anyone who felt that they didn't belong to get up and leave I did exactly that. I stood up from my seat and walked out without looking back.

For some reason Karen always avoided me from then on, I can't think why :roll:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 5:25 pm

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:

For some reason Karen always avoided me from then on, I can't think why :roll:

I'm sure it was an "NT game" where he didn't expect anyone to actually leave when he said it completely seriously. :lmao:

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 5:58 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Hey, you stole the line that I was gonna use!

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 6:30 pm

As the poster of this thread, I thought I'd share my experience of worse dating attempt.

Four years ago, a time when I was a little more naive socially then I am now. I met a girl at a club, we danced, and she showed strong interest and attraction towards me. I was excited, we exchanged numbers, decided to give her a ride home, and we ended up hanging out all the time almost everyday after that. We were actually close friends for almost two years, and I spent that whole time being friends with her and put up with a lot bull crap because hopped I could eventually get into a relationship with her. We never did though and the course of this two year friendship was a none stop cycle of hope and disappointment. The worse part about it was after a year or so, it eventually downed on me that she was using me, and manipulating me into thinking that she like me to she could get what she wanted. She asked me for rides almost on a daily basis, didn't pay me gas, asked me to buy her things like cigarettes, give her food from my house, borrow tuns of money and not pay me back (and got mad at me when I asked to pay me back), and even (in a flirting way) talked me into taking me on drug runs so she could get drugs and would tell me she would have sex with me if I would but never would. The drugs runs were pretty nerve wracking situations and I'm glad I never got in trouble doing that. If I said no when she asked me things, she would then say I'm not caring and not being a good friend. Even worse, she always talked down to me, yelled at me for how I drove, was mean, criticized my insecurities, social struggles, and often shhhed at me when I talked but she always ranted about her problems to me. She always flirted with other guys in front of me and when ever she slept with other guys she would always tell me, and then yell at me if I appeared jealous. You might ask why did I put up with this? Well she was very tricky, she was really good at tricking me into thinking she was a good person at heart that was only struggling through a few issues. She also was good at tricking me into thinking she was falling in love with me, and about to have sex. She would say how she was always there for me and her other friends. She would then slip hidden attacks at me, use me, and drain my energy leaving me with nothing, almost getting arrested, and still under the illusion that she was a good hearted person. What made it even more confusing was that she did treat other people nice, and did a lot of things for them. In fact she usually did a lot more for other people then me. I often got really upset when I saw her go out of her way to do things for other people but nothing for me after doing a lot for her. After having my mind played, after feeling sad about thinking I messed up somewhere in not getting a relationship with her, after thinking she was a good person, I finally realized she wasn't and probably a narcissist and I got fed up. I finally ended the friendship by writing a letter to a boyfriend she just started getting into a relationship with and told him everything. She of course found, got really mad, and cut me out of her life.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Rigor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2014, 7:33 pm

Tried speed dating last year, turned out to be a hilarious waste of time and I made a predictable ass of myself.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2014, 2:54 pm

Probably past online relationships. When you haven't physically met the person, you make assumptions that you regret later.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 10:01 am

My worst date was no doubt with a guy that i met on tinder. We had a drink at a cafe and then he showed me around his city. i don't know what was up with him but he kept making racist jokes about my heritage all the time. He asked me if my mom lived in the bushes and after i had mentionned that i was born in the netherlands so many times he kept asking were in suriname i was born and what it is like to tp be born there. Was this guy deaf?

It was horrible.

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2014, 10:16 am

That is horrible!

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 11:39 pm

My worst dating experience is pretty much my ONLY dating experience. I still can't share too many details or any pictures of myself on the internet and have to use a pseudonym on Facebook because of this, and if the person finds out where I live, I have to get a restraining order.

Long story short, I was in a ~2.5 year manipulative relationship that ended with the person trying to kill me in several different (and disgustingly creative) ways. It took me a year after he tried to kill me before I realized he was actually a bad person--probably a Narcissist and/or sociopath or psychopath.

It's been years since that happened and I'm pretty much over the whole thing, but I still have an irrational fear of dating which I've been trying to overcome. The progress has been agonizingly slow, but I HAVE at least made some progress. Whenever people try to date me or set me up or even suggest that I might make a "cute couple" with someone or that I'm not completely disgusting in terms of dating, I get this horrible anxiety. Pretty bad relationship, I think.