Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RickyRaccoon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Oct 2014, 12:47 am

So does anyone know of any sites that are more friendship/hanging out sites? I am super apprehensive about using dating sites because I'm not sure that's what I want. I mean if a person is cool and it ends up developing into that, so be it. But I don't really want to go into it allowing for any date-type expectations.
It's hard to meet someone in a non-group setting, and if you try to single out a certain person in a group-type setting it's often seen as coming-on to someone. But I just do much better in one-on-one situations. I've heard of friendship sites that are exclusive to females, but I usually get along better with guys.
Anyway, so does anyone know if such a thing exists? Or would I just have to clarify what I'm looking for on a dating website profile?

Modefi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2014, 4:00 am

Just go with wateva im on plenty of fish right now and have 2 girls speaking to me and have a posible 1 date, but no way am i telling them im a aspie and the first 5 dates, anyway im very nervious and sufforing from anxiety atm , as i can only get 5mg valium in Australia atm which is hopeless/.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2014, 8:03 am

Don't do it!

My experience has been terrible. Like sticking my hand into a jar of wasps and hoping to get the jellybean without being stung.

But on the other hand my friend's son met his fiancee there (I'm going to their wedding next week.) So what do I know.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2014, 10:18 am

The first time I used on there only was spiteful gender obsessive weirdos with the 'man up' catchphrase, Nigerian romance scammers and blood sucking leeches (gold diggers). So no I would not trust dating websites as far as I could throw them.