Does this mean she is nterested

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mitrovah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2014, 9:41 pm

Talked to a semi drunk person at show: she told me her whole life story. Dees that mean interested in me or is she just a talker because she is drunk. I would like to think it means she is interested but I actually suspect the latter.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:28 pm

A lot of people get chatty when they drink. There's no way to tell if she was interested in you from the info provided.

Mitrovah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2014, 10:40 pm

I ask because this always seems to happen with women who sort of like me, a woman gets drunk and she starts telling me her personal story. Stuff that seems really personal: personal relationships with family, regrets, and even clinical issues. I remember one woman straight telling me about a really bad boyfried and the fact she has depression and Schizophrenia. Afterwards she says " I can't believe I just told you that" Of course she was drinking :P My roommate says it is usually a good sign of trust nevertheless :? which I suppose means some level of attraction perhaps :?:

Its frustrating because I am attracted to the non schizophrenic, but I don't want to come on too strongly or be soo distant and aloof that I completely miss any possible chance. It feels like a Catch - 22. Either try and maybe go too far or stay back and accomplish nothing.

fract
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2014, 2:51 pm

I wouldn't interpret that as romantic interest per se. However, there might be some potential.

bungleton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2014, 12:41 am

I agree, it might not indicate that she's interested romantically.
I met a girl on New Years' this year who shares many common interests and after a few hours of talking told me about her past history with Borderline Personality Disorder, depression, and other mental health issues. She describes herself as 'kinesthetic,' as in to say, she communicates a lot via touch.
So there was lots of hand-holding and hugs and communication in eye contact that I couldn't read. At one point it rained and I wasn't prepared given that it was supposed to be the middle of summer. She cuddled me for a good hour and a half as I was shaking uncontrollably.

I thought she was into me.

She wasn't.

At all.

From the start.

Not even a little.

I wish I could be a bit more helpful, but all I can do is share this experience and the lesson I learned. (EDIT: am trying to learn.) Perhaps if you continue contact with her it might be a good idea to let her know that you're not good at reading body language and facial expressions (most NTs have no idea whatsoever what that implies by the way,) and to be direct. Or something like that? I don't know. But it's good to know that involved conversation doesn't necessarily translate to attraction. It isn't easy to take, but it's good to know.

Everyone's watching!
So here... Are my hopes and aspirations
Nothing but puke
God, I'm so loooooonelaaaaaaayyyy
*power stance, air guitar*