Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CodeGrey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

Have you ever experienced "heartbreak"? What does this mean to you? I asked my Aspie ex this question and he wouldn't answer. I'm just curious if it was perhaps a foreign concept to him.

To me it's an actual physical pain in the chest, accompanied by sadness and mourning and intense hurt. :cry:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:05 pm

Yes, I think you described it well. Sometimes it can come over you in a wave of sadness and longing can hit you in waves -- a powerful chemical reaction -- that overwhelms you both physically and emotionally. I'm going through this at the moment, it's not very much fun.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 9:06 pm

Yes, and it was mostly the same. I just had trouble eating and sleeping for awhile, too. I think for some people talking about emotional hurt is just incredibly difficult, so they may choose not to do so (or not know how at all).

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

suicidal depression, extreme distractability, intense anger, grief, desperation... in short, it hurts like hell!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

20 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

depression, lots of crying, headaches, problems sleeping, anger, lashing out with others, withdrawing from others, upset stomach causing me not to be able to eat much & making me go tot the bathroom,

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

Feels kinda like putting your brain through a blender while stabbing yourself in the heart repeatedly huddled up in a ball with every nerve ending feeling like it is on fire.

CodeGrey

20 Nov 2014, 11:14 pm

It's horrible for everyone then. I was wondering if Aspies experienced emotion attachment at the same intensity...

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 11:20 pm

CodeGrey wrote:
It's horrible for everyone then. I was wondering if Aspies experienced emotion attachment at the same intensity...

A good description I heard from a speaker was that Asperger's was like life times ten. Meaning that its like having every single experience relative to your ability to cope with it being ten times the norm. Might not fit for every single thing but it its a good description. For heartbreak? I heard from a dating coach that all aspies are practically heartbroken aspies. I don't think we are really equipped to deal with it too.