Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 3:54 am

Quote:
STEP 6 – Make her laugh.
If it’s one thing that makes girls comfortable, it’s when they feel they can laugh around someone. And despite what many girls tell you, they LOVE to be teased, and they love it when guys break their balls (figuratively, heh). If you’re in a conversation and a girl is rambling on, cut it and put the ball in her court. Say something like “Excuse me, for one moment, I just want to know, do you always hit on guys at this store?” Or even better, I’ll give you a more personal example of mine. I was recently at the bowling alley, and this girl was playing in the lane next to me. I started talking to her and she told me she played softball (at my college, no less). After she told me that little piece of information, I turned it around on her. I said: “Well, I hope you play softball better than you bowl.” I had her laughing like crazy, and five minutes later, I had her number. If she says something or tells an over the top story, call her a brat, and make it CLEAR it’s a joke in your body language. (this will take tremendous self-coaching as I said before, given our disadvantages) If you do this enough, you’ve already proved your unique nature to her, and she will make it clear she’s interested in you.

i was reading the guide to meeting girls, and i fell upon this section here, i know all about making girls laugh, as it is really good and it is really sweet. But he mentions teasing, calling them brats and saying that they play softball better the bowling. does joking about what they do really work? :? I saw the bit about getting body language right, but does that really work? as it sounded to me like ti was a borderline insult, and i really don't want to insult a girl and mess things up. I know trying to chat to someone is difficult for us anyway. But does making fun of them really work guys?

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 5:08 am

If it's not in your personality, don't do it unless you successfully learn it...cuz it WILL sound like an insult :?

I do it a lot, it's part of my way of talking. But that's me...it may not work unless you know how to do it.

Making her laugh though...THAT is a winner. :)

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2007, 8:14 am

Personally i would take it as a joke, and hope it was one at least. It is a risky way to make a gal laugh though, it may go totally the wrong way and you end up getting nothing more than a slap. :lol:

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 9:28 am

Well i want to make a girl laugh if i can :) although i want to make sure i can do it safley and not risk a slap or worse, sadly humor is not a storng area of mine, any tips on what i could say which might be funny? :)

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 4:21 pm

i think shale is spot-on...
making someone laugh means (well, at least to me) that its comfortable enough around here to let my guard down a bit. and that the other person said something that i thought was funny. so, thats two plusses for you right there.
acting out of personality probably wont even induce honest laughs - they will sniff out that its not you (the real youish-you) and wont find the situation comfortable.

for myself, i know that these testosterone-heavy jokes wont work and im glad i dont even like them. i guess im better at mock-anger and the like (incredibly effeminate mock-anger and mock-pouting on top of that, yay!), as well as a well-placed shard of whispered mean-ness that makes it hard not to blurt out laughing madly.

TylerPaul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2007, 4:45 pm

One time I called her a god damn f*****g whore who should do herself a favor and jump off an highway overpass....

she didn't laugh. I was just teasing...

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 4:48 pm

Haha. Yeah, definitely agree with ya there. It does show you've let your guard down a bit, shows you're happy...and possibly amused/impressed by this person.

Acting it up is pretty common, isn't it? It's something I do. As above...mock anger, mock pouting...all a game. I tend to throw mock insults too in such a way you can only interpret it as affection. No one has EVER taken offense by it 8) Acting things out too, since I'm a car addict and explaining things in an unusual way (like using my hands, side-by-side, flicking up and down a little while I make 'pssssht' sounds with each movement to describe the idiots that drive along the road using their airbag suspension repeatedly.. "Psssht...psssht-pssssht...ptch...pssht...psshtpssht..."...that's cripped a few with laughter). Basically being a bit of a clown, a bit of an...egg, as they say here. Lol.

But ultimately, as above. You gotta be you. Don't forget though, you can change over time, and there are different potencies of you. Give people a more amped-up, exciting, strong kick of you. Give them the espresso shot of you, rather than a cold weak cup of nescafe you. :D

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 9:08 am

tylerpaul: i sometimes am told of the same problem with me... that people have a hard time to get what exactly was a joke from me the first moments. aspie memoriy doesnt help this, too.

at a friends birthday party, his cousin turned up and i found out that hes quite an okay guy - i study philosophy (purely academic path) and he studies theology (going to be teacher - his reaction to my choice of subject was "wow... thats daring" - referring to the weak job opportunities i have compared to being a teacher), and we got along pretty well, discussing all kinds of things while the others got drunker and drunker.
one year later, birthday party of the same friend, i sit there, he comes into the room, looks at me and says: "hey, thats the philosopher, isnt it?" and i say: "yeah, and thats the coward whos too afraid to study things the right way, isnt it?" - it took him about five literal seconds to get that i was just soking around... lack of in-your-face voice acting and referring to a part of a sentence he said to me one year ago maybe was a bit much...

shale: ;)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 9:26 am

I’ve known girls that wouldn’t stop laughing even though I wasn't saying anything funny. Other times it is really dead atmosphere.

I recon making her laugh is a bit of an NT myth. They often say one thing and do another. Of course people like to laugh. It can make you feel light headed and spacey. I'm not saying don't make someone laugh. I think if people like each other they probably will laugh anyway. Well NTs have a knack for this. Small talk is idiotic to me, but acting dumb like that often makes people laugh. It doesn’t have to be comedy. If that were true comedians would be the most successful at courting.

Demonic_Duck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2007, 9:28 am

TylerPaul wrote:
One time I called her a god damn f***ing whore who should do herself a favor and jump off an highway overpass....

she didn't laugh. I was just teasing...

Now THAT is how to make someone laugh :lol: