Feeling Embarrassed Around My Wife

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2015, 5:07 pm

Have you had moments where you just feel embarrassed for being you sometimes around someone you love? Only because she seems like perfection at times to you?

You see? My wife has this way of making me a bit embarrassed by trying to encourage me to be myself. The problem is that I feel like she is so close to perfection as a woman that I sometimes feel like my game isn't yet there as her man.

She likes that I am eccentric and shameless about myself. She loves how comfortable I am to say and do off the wall stuff. But I admit to keeping some things hid due to her not fully grasping every fiber of my being.

She knows she isn't together, and tells me so when I share this with her, but I often believe she is more than I. Because of this, I often go back and forth between feeling privileged and lucky to just feeling inferior as her other half, much like an average high school boy who is dating either the school cheerleader or the school valedictorian.

Is this normal for couples? It might be common for those with Aspergers, but I know others have been through this, Aspie or no.

Last edited by charcoalsketches on 17 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm

My wife says that I'm her "best friend"--but, frequently, she's embarrassed in pertinence to me, especially when there's "company." She fears I'll start talking about history or something.

Rabbers
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2015, 5:24 pm

I think both me and my husband think the other is too good for them. And that's how a good relationship should be in my opinion - both of you feeling lucky to have each other.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 10:48 pm

Rabbers wrote:
I think both me and my husband think the other is too good for them. And that's how a good relationship should be in my opinion - both of you feeling lucky to have each other.

:thumleft:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

18 Apr 2015, 12:44 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Rabbers wrote:

:thumleft:
That's how me & my girlfriend are but I'm gradually realizing that we're on the same level with some things & things we're not on balance out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition