I just did the STUPIDEST THING !

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 4:55 pm

I used to have another account on this site but I haven't posted anything in so long i forgot the password. This is an emergency guys ! ! I just told the guy I've had a crush on for the last month that I liked him. By text message. I'm so in SHOCK by what I just did. He's a FRIEND of mine, and I just told him. Like it was nothing. Even though I knew perfectly he didn't feel the same way. I can't believe I did this. I'm a mess right now. By the way, he answered by pretending his phone was about to die. I expressed my doubt that his phone was actually dying. Then he called me, I didn't pick up. He left message saying that : his phone was REALLY about to die, that he had guessed already a little bit. That there was no problem. That we would talk tomorrow. And he tried to reassure by calling me by my nickname.
So that happened. I need some kind of advice here. I'm freaking out.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 5:22 pm

Okay, I know I'm being unreasonably impatient here but if someone could just tell me what they think. Even you don't have much to say or you don't think it'll be helpful, i would REALLY appreciate it. Please please please

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 5:25 pm

compcua wrote:
I used to have another account on this site but I haven't posted anything in so long i forgot the password. This is an emergency guys ! ! I just told the guy I've had a crush on for the last month that I liked him. By text message. I'm so in SHOCK by what I just did. He's a FRIEND of mine, and I just told him. Like it was nothing. Even though I knew perfectly he didn't feel the same way. I can't believe I did this. I'm a mess right now. By the way, he answered by pretending his phone was about to die. I expressed my doubt that his phone was actually dying. Then he called me, I didn't pick up. He left message saying that : his phone was REALLY about to die, that he had guessed already a little bit. That there was no problem. That we would talk tomorrow. And he tried to reassure by calling me by my nickname.
So that happened. I need some kind of advice here. I'm freaking out.

Either he likes you back or he doesn't. Either way, it's out of your control. The ball's in his court, so if he wants to contact you he will -- as there are land lines, other people's mobiles, Chargers, etc.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 5:31 pm

He seems cool with it. I don't think you did the "stupidest thing ever."

I hope you actually get together, and even get married!

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 5:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
He seems cool with it. I don't think you did the "stupidest thing ever."

I hope you actually get together, and even get married!

Oh, that's so nice of you !

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 5:35 pm

In truth, I frequently find the best and most enduring relationships to consist of couples who were "friends first."

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 5:40 pm

I really don't think he likes me back though. I mean he said he kinda knew a little bit that I liked him. So if it was mutual, I'm guessing he would have tried something by now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 5:42 pm

Maybe not. Maybe he's one of those "shy guys."

Maybe he thinks about ravishing you....and now he's able to express this desire.

I do hope it works out for you....that you remain at least friends with him.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 5:46 pm

Nope. He's really not shy at all. He's a really nice guy but he also sleeps with a lot of girls.
Maybe HE can stay friends, but I don't think I can. I feel so fragile right now. I don't think I could even be in the same room with him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 5:48 pm

I hope you think about it for a few days.

I don't see this as a mistake. I see this maybe as a "fragile moment" for you.

Have you really had romantic feelings for this guy for a long time?

It would be a pity to lose a friend like that.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm

It's complicated. Technically we've known each other for years. But he's younger than me. I used to know him as the little brother of a friend of a friend. I thought he was a nice kid and I wanted him to be friends with my little brother because I thought he would be a good influence. But that's all. Then I lost contact with our mutual friends for about two years. I recontacted them this summer, and he was there a lot because they're good friends. And he was all grown up. At first, I just thought what a wonderful guy he'd become and that we were getting along really well. But I started to get romantic feelings pretty quickly. So we are old acquaintances and recent good friends. Or I guess we were. Don't know what we are now...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:08 pm

I hope he likes you "that way." I really do!

President Grover Cleveland was a sort of "doting uncle" to a friend's daughter. He even provided financial support for her, and put her through school.

When Mr. Cleveland's wife died, he married that girl.

And it was a good marriage, and wasn't really criticized within the Victorian society of that time.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 6:16 pm

Yeah, I don't really worry about the age difference thing. The one friend of mine I confessed to weeks ago finds it super weird though. But I don't think she's objective. Their families are super close. She's seen him grow up. I haven't. He was just a kid I kinda knew. And he's not a child anymore. Besides, I've noticed that people have no problem with older guys dating younger girls but when it's the other way around, suddenly it's weird. I don't get it. By the way, I'm 21 and he's 17.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:31 pm

I don't find anything wrong with the relationship--but I would wait until he is 18 to consummate anything.

When I was 19, I briefly saw somebody who was 38. I really fell hard for this woman.

When I was a teenager, I dreamt about a "Summer of 1942" fling frequently.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 6:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
but I would wait until he is 18 to consummate anything.

That's weird to me. I'm french though, so maybe that's why. Legal age is fifteen here.
Also because I'm a complete virgin and he's... really not. But anyway, I never thought that far.

Thanks for talking with me, it's calmed me down a bit. Although I am getting a bit mad at him for making me wait so long for a reaction. I'm never gonna be able to sleep. I wish I knew what he's thinking, what he's planning to say to me... And I still don't get why I did it, HOW i did it even. I'm usually so secretive when i like a guy, I can't tell even my friends... I just don't understand any of it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 7:07 pm

In America, there are a few states where your relationship would be illegal. Not many states, but a few.

Your English is amazing. I would never have thought that it is your "second" language.

I've been to Paris once. Beautiful. Especially around the Ile de St Louis.

I wouldn't ask for your city--but, I'm curious about the region of France where you live. I've seen beautiful pictures of the Provence area, and I've seen the Tour de France, where one can see beautiful French towns.