Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bromide
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2015, 9:38 am

Now, I am too busy with career in my life. I never used to go out much now it is tending towards never other than meetings.

I tried the asking out girls for years. After it did not work, I decided to try out online dating (about 5 months ago). Tried a couple of apps/sites which are popular here. I am on OKC and couple of other dating apps.

But none of my messages get replied nor do I get any messages/invites etc. I will also mention that I have not dated till now(online and offline).

Here is how my OKC profile looks like. I want a feedback on how the uploaded pics are(the same pics are on other dating site as well). Should I improve them(I do not know hoe though)? or Am I doing something wrong with the profile? BTW, I am 29.

TIA

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 12:23 pm

i had pretty much the same problem with online dating (ignored messages, very few messages). i eventually got fed up and "rage-quitted" after 5 years of wasting my time.

it is probably mentioned a lot, but online dating has become popular. so people that can easily meet new people have "invaded" them making it almost impossible for the people that could actually benefit from online dating.

your profile actually looks almost no different from what mine looked like, so that is not a good sign to me.

David2772
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2015, 12:46 pm

ey guys, I was searching topics about online dating and came across this - I used to be in the same boat..

Spent time refining my profile, uploading pictures I thought would be well perceived, HOURS reading girl's profiles and crafting messages that showed I'm smart, funny, attractive etc.. NO results. Frustrating and made me feel angry and rejected.

I'm still no master, but I will say that I figured out how to game the system.

It does take practice -- one site that proved to be an invaluable resource was http://romancehacks.com/3-girls-a-day/ -- but eventually I figured it out.

There are definitely some "right" and "wrong" things to do.. for example, the sad fact is that it's a numbers game. I think we all know that. It's just a matter of tweaking certain things in order to tip the stats in your favor.

Anyways, hope that helps. Don't give up!!

bromide

19 Aug 2015, 4:29 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i had pretty much the same problem with online dating (ignored messages, very few messages). i eventually got fed up and "rage-quitted" after 5 years of wasting my time.

it is probably mentioned a lot, but online dating has become popular. so people that can easily meet new people have "invaded" them making it almost impossible for the people that could actually benefit from online dating.

your profile actually looks almost no different from what mine looked like, so that is not a good sign to me.

I agree. Other than what you mention, people using it for "hookups" are on the very high. So, do not know how genuine the people are either.

bromide

19 Aug 2015, 4:30 pm

David2772 wrote:
ey guys, I was searching topics about online dating and came across this - I used to be in the same boat..

Spent time refining my profile, uploading pictures I thought would be well perceived, HOURS reading girl's profiles and crafting messages that showed I'm smart, funny, attractive etc.. NO results. Frustrating and made me feel angry and rejected.

I'm still no master, but I will say that I figured out how to game the system.

It does take practice -- one site that proved to be an invaluable resource was http://romancehacks.com/3-girls-a-day/ -- but eventually I figured it out.

There are definitely some "right" and "wrong" things to do.. for example, the sad fact is that it's a numbers game. I think we all know that. It's just a matter of tweaking certain things in order to tip the stats in your favor.

Anyways, hope that helps. Don't give up!!

Thanks.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 4:48 pm

Check this guys to find out the ugly truth of online dating:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=276098&p=6462516#p6462516

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 5:11 pm

OP, you look South Asian; do you live in a White-dominated country?

If so, that's a problem too.

Search for "My regional tinder experiment" thread on WP.

Whites tend to only like Whites.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 5:27 pm

David2772 wrote:
It's just a matter of tweaking certain things in order to tip the stats in your favor.

so it is basically a test of manipulation. that is horrible.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 5:31 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I really liked what you had written to that girl about OKC! But I have to disagree about this, I think many white men like Asian girls.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 6:31 pm

Here is some of my advice. Overall I think it's pretty good, but it doesn't really have much to capture someone's attention.

1.) I'd get rid of the picture of you with the headphones on...it's not a flattering setting. Maybe the one with your dog also, because it's at a weird angle, and you already have plenty of other pictures that show what you look like.

2.) Go into more detail about your interests and your life. How long have you been learning to play music, what do you play, and what type of music do you like to play? What are your hobbies? What do you like to sketch? What do you do on your days off? What are your goals/dreams in life? I think that fleshing out these will give people a better feel for who you are, and is the most important thing that is missing.

3.) I'd remove the demisexual/sapiosexual stuff from the top. Most people (including myself) won't have any clue what they mean, and might not know what to think. Also, you spelled individualist wrong.

4.) Think about the most important things that you want someone reading your profile to know about you...the things that really make you who you are, and put those in your self summary. I'd recommend mentioning your interests, personality, career, and goals in life in that section at least briefly. For some such as your career, you can go into more detail in the appropriate section.

5.) What sort of messages are you sending to people? A good profile is nothing if it's paired with a terrible message!

qFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2015, 9:00 pm

Try to loosen up a little on the profile text. A self-summary off "individualist, INTP, free thinker, ... " doesn't really open you up for people to talk to you, instead it intimidates or adverts people while it is the first thing they see. Try instead to have a little more light hearted description that still speaks about you, something that will spark a conversation like an interesting hobby. I see you like sketching, put something about this in your summary and the people who visit your profile will have something to be intrigued about.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 12:52 am

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I really liked what you had written to that girl about OKC! But I have to disagree about this, I think many white men like Asian girls.

Women are more 'racist' in attraction:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/race- ... 2009-2014/

Quote:
Five years ago, the basics of race and attraction on OkCupid looked like this:
men
– non-black men applied a penalty to black women
– while black men showed little racial preference either way

women
– all women preferred men of their own race
– but they otherwise penalized both Asian and black men

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 6:43 am

qFox wrote:
Try to loosen up a little on the profile text. A self-summary off "individualist, INTP, free thinker, ... " doesn't really open you up for people to talk to you, instead it intimidates or adverts people while it is the first thing they see. Try instead to have a little more light hearted description that still speaks about you, something that will spark a conversation like an interesting hobby. I see you like sketching, put something about this in your summary and the people who visit your profile will have something to be intrigued about.

My sentiments exactly. You come across as a bit of a snob with that introduction and the words "individualist" and "free thinker" are some of the most overused terms on dating sites. I don't know what a "sapiosexual" is but I would steer clear of anyone who used that term personally. It also goes without saying that most of the free sites are a huge waste of time but I digress.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 6:54 am

You don't make yourself out to appear « special » enough. Also, I wouldn't be wasting too much time with any on-line dating web-site, but there are such things as dating agencies that do exist & can have a potentially higher success-rate, due to actual people running the show, rather than everything being auto-automated with no quality screening controls. Try thinking like a girl, hell, get yourself a wig, wear dresses, see if you can act like a girl, then you may begin to get an idea what you need to do differently to be able to attract one.

bromide

20 Aug 2015, 7:18 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Check this guys to find out the ugly truth of online dating:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=276098&p=6462516#p6462516

yep.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Currently I do not live in a white dominated country. But I can say with certainty that I will be. I am aware of the "Whites tends to only like whites" scenario. This bothers me, as I will be moving to a white dominated country.

bromide

20 Aug 2015, 7:19 am

AdamAutistic wrote:
David2772 wrote:
It's just a matter of tweaking certain things in order to tip the stats in your favor.

so it is basically a test of manipulation. that is horrible.

Ya, all that is going on in my head right now is, people need to see some flashy stuff to like you. That like one rung down the ladder of evolution.