Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 3:40 am

Guys, would you date a woman who is heavier than you?

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 4:01 am

Yes, pretty much all women I dated were heavier than me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 4:53 am

To a certain extent.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 4:57 am

Sure

She'd be pretty damn heavy for a female (if she's not around my height), though.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 5:16 am

Yes .
I'd have to echo what Dill said above me , though .
Perhaps that's " what I'd have to settle for " or , more nicely , " my own kind that I should go for " ?
After all , Danny DeVito didn't exactly marry a WNBA player . That TV show " Mike & Molly "... :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 5:44 am

I've gone with with women of many weights.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 5:50 am

I more prefer slim girls tho, to be honest.
From 20% to 30%, I might go for 35%.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 6:20 am

babybird wrote:
Guys, would you date a woman who is heavier than you?
I have.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 7:26 am

People talk about what "types" they find attractive and I am a bit baffled. I find nothing in my responses to people that fit that idea at all.

I have been a loyal husband for decades so this is a somewhat theoretical question, but going back in my mind to the days before I dedicated myself to my wife, I remember that each woman I met and entered any kind of relationship with had unique qualities of being of which the physical was a small part.

I found that I was attracted to women of all races, heights, and weights and that the thing that was most attractive to me was not any aspect of body or appearance but a quality of presence and personality, an outward sign of mind and spirit.

The excitement of connecting, of sharing a delight in the sensory experience of the world, or the beauty of a soaring idea and the silliness of humor, wit and an appreciation of the absurd all turned out to be more important in actual encounters with women than any imagined ideal of beauty or detail of appearance.

I can still recall simple delights shared with lovely women, some heavy, some thin: a walk in the woods sharing an appreciation of the beauty and complexity of nature, an evening of stargazing sharing a sense of wonder at the progression of cosmic forces that led to the spectacle above us, an afternoon listening to records together and enjoying the expression of the artists, or in a more intimate mode, the delightful exploration of the surfaces and textures of each other's body.

These are the things that matter. Abstract ideas about some particular standard are worthless in the face of a real person with whom you are relating.

I can recall guys having discussions about what they liked best about women, and I really didn't get it. Yes: all the body parts are lovely, but so what? Are you going to pretend you don't like the woman who is full of joy and vital energy and brings you out of yourself because she is flat-chested or ignore the delightful evening of dancing to reggae under a starry sky because she is "too fat?" The idea is ridiculous.

Life is not about imaginary standards but actual being.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 7:44 am

I agree with you, this is why I have no specific preference of men. I found every man is beautiful to some extent ..hehe..

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2015, 7:51 am

Adamantium that's some heavy stuff... Good for you but I don't think there's anything wrong with having physical standards.

I would probabaly date someone heavier them me but it would depend on the girl. Im mre attracted to the smaller girls, but I've dated a women that was bigger then me before, but I find leaner girls way more erotic.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2015, 7:56 am

Plus I'm borderline obsessed about health and fitness and it'd be really nice to share that with someone... But I'm not getting my hopes up either cuz I really wanna meet an aspie but from what I can tell on here lost f the aspie women aren't into fitness.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 8:00 am

Crazyfool wrote:
Adamantium that's some heavy stuff... Good for you but I don't think there's anything wrong with having physical standards.

No at all! There is nothing wrong with being yourself and liking what you like.
I only meant to convey that in real life I found that those things did not matter to me.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2015, 8:04 am

Certainly, yes.

Adamantium said it, "Life is not about imaginary standards but actual being."

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 8:47 am

I think I'd have a problem with dating a guy who is shorter than me.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 8:52 am

babybird wrote:
I think I'd have a problem with dating a guy who is shorter than me
I thought that way but I found a male librarian who is about 10 cm shorter than me is really attractive. After this kind of many exceptional attraction my preference of men is almost gone away.