Best medium to first contact a girl after first meeting her.

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 9:46 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 5:24 pm

It depends on the girl.

I think FB provides a little bit more "safety" for some girls.

Unfortunately, through most of my dating years, the only options were phone calls, snail-mail letters, and meet-ups/dates.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 7:27 pm

I can't see that link so I might be missing your point, but...

Doesn't it depend on the situation? There are so many variables. Use whatever you have available based on the type of interaction you had with her, what info was exchanged, etc.

But if she's aspie there's a good chance she won't appreciate a phone call :P

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 8:08 pm

Best medium to contact a girl after first meeting her:

Your attorney :lol:

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 9:56 pm

Best medium to contact a girl after she ghosts you:

John Edward.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 1:43 pm

If I were single, I would prefer a text.
It is an "immediate" contact, like a phone call, but less intrusive.
Chats on FB are OK and can also be somewhat immediate if someone has the messenger app, but there's always that feeling of Big Brother watching, more so than in a private text.
If someone texts me, they already know my phone number, so I've already given that level of personal contact.
FB messages can come even from strangers.
I have to agree that texting is the way to go.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 3:32 pm

I think a girl finding the guy's FB page, and checking it out is a good strategy. So, basically, the only thing the guy needs to do is to provide her with information about how to find him on Facebook. The more cryptic, the better, because she should make some effort in this task. :mrgreen: :twisted:

Then of course the guy should setup Facebook in an appropriate way so the girl can send friend requests and PMs without being a friend.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 4:01 pm

Personally, I never add someone (usually a girl for certain lol) on FB before asking them in person - usually I ask after a long conversation after talking the possibility of doing some outing or something fun together and I would be like 'lemme add you then to just to keep in touch' (and hopping that things might progress...), and I would be like 'you can accept my request later' so they would the choice to ignore/decline it later - they usually do accept it, in next day or so.

But this infographic made me realize that asking for phone nb might had been better.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 4:15 pm

I prefer to let the girl send the friend request. That way she won't ghost me because I know she already made some effort in finding me and then deciding to send a friend request. There is no need to have any kind of conversation about that as there usually are ways for a girl to find a guy's FB page. If she doesn't try to find those, she is NT or not interested enough.

I forgot to mention, but generally posting everything publicly on FB will be an advantage. That way the girl can study the guy's character without having to become friends with him. Of course, if you are a creep, you are not likely to want to post everything publicly.

Globestyle
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Mar 2016, 4:50 pm

Phone. Shows bravery.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 5:01 pm

Globestyle wrote:
Phone. Shows bravery.

No, that shows the guy is an extrovert NT. :mrgreen:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 2:25 am

Despise texting. Very impractical and most people want quick, almost contentless messages and I hate 'textspeak' and overuse of emoticons.

Don't like people who use facebook on their phones either because even short messages look longer in facebook phone.

Maybe I just need someone with a better attention-span to be dating/messaging in the first place.

And hell yes I'd actually have the guts to speak to them on phone, hear their voice, etc.

And, not really interested in online chatting or texting before the relationship begins - I'd rather just arrange as many dates/meet-ups as quickly as possible and get to know them in these outings.

It's far funner to get to know someone during acitvities rather than just text on a screen.

F*ck my generation and it's love for digital communication.

Online dating is so hard, tedious and awkward.

I have no issues with actually making small talk and keeping interest - I just get bored very quickly even with attractive people.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 2:42 am

Outrider wrote:
And, not really interested in online chatting or texting before the relationship begins - I'd rather just arrange as many dates/meet-ups as quickly as possible and get to know them in these outings.

Same here.

If I did get a girl I regarded as a potential partner as a friend or follower on FB, I'd post links to material I found interesting on my status, and especially things related to relationships. I might also post other indirect things like indicating I was in love (but not mentioning who I was in love with), that I found somebody very special, and things like that. I'd not be likely to have a PM conversation with her, or text her. I would also be more likely to indicate my future plans for activities that I thought she might be interested in so we can see each others in real life.

In short, I would use Facebook as a way to convey information to her that I thought she would be interested in, and she would observe me rather than converse with me. I'd also use it as a way to keep contact in case we no longer had any shared activities or met naturally. I would absolutely not use Facebook to get to know her by direct conversation.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 3:20 am

This isn't much about online dating tho, in life when you get to know someone briefly in some event and you think there's potential, then you would need some way to follow-up hoping to arrange something later. I agree that it shouldn't be used to form bonds.

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Mar 2016, 3:20 am

Text is better because girls don't always check facebook.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 3:49 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This isn't much about online dating tho, in life when you get to know someone briefly in some event and you think there's potential, then you would need some way to follow-up hoping to arrange something later. I agree that it shouldn't be used to form bonds.

Meeting somebody briefly in an event often doesn't lead anywhere for me. It's more or less a requirement that we will meet regularly, otherwise, nothing will happen. Sometimes meeting somebody briefly in an event can trigger people to attend similar events just to be able to meet again, and then it could become productive as this requires some effort. The Facebook thing can be a complement when you meet only occasionally in real life and you want to get to know more about each others between seeing each others in real life.