"You're just mad because she wouldn't have sex"

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm

Can people please stop using this strawman argument. Do you honestly think that if somebody wants to murder me, the first thing that will come to my mind is having sex with the murderer? You see how dumb that argument is?

Even when the antagonist is a man, this argument gets tossed around to belittle me. I honestly don't give a f**k if women reject going on a date or having sex with.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm

Hmm. Sure.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 2:13 pm

Why do you keep starting antagonistic threads like this? You're not proving any point you're claiming, you're just making yourself look worse.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 2:55 pm

Pretty sure such a phrase would mean someone thinks you're mad at someone for not having sex with you. Don't think it translates to being mad at someone trying to murder you for not having sex...I imagine in that case you'd be mad at them for trying to murder you.

Basically its not arguing that if someone wants to murder you the first thing that comes to mind is having sex with them...so your post doesn't really make sense.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 3:55 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Can people please stop using this strawman argument. Do you honestly think that if somebody wants to murder me, the first thing that will come to my mind is having sex with the murderer? You see how dumb that argument is?

Even when the antagonist is a man, this argument gets tossed around to belittle me. I honestly don't give a f**k if women reject going on a date or having sex with.

This is rather incoherent. Have you considered talking to someone about your anger issues? It seems from your posts that you might have trouble dealing with anger in a healthy way.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 3:57 pm

What are you talking about?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 4:19 pm

I bet you're actually a cool guy in "real life."

I sense that you save your anger, etc for the Internet--to let out much that is bothering you, and which you can't express in "real life."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 4:46 pm

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 4:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I bet you're actually a cool guy in "real life."

I sense that you save your anger, etc for the Internet--to let out much that is bothering you, and which you can't express in "real life."

I think thats true of a lot of people on here.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

08 Jul 2016, 11:23 pm

I was told that by someone when I was upset about being rejected by someone else. I was wanting a relationship & not really interested in sex cuz I'm sort of on the asexuality spectrum. It p!ssed me off that people believed I was just wanting sex when I was wanting soo much more than that. I guess people say that cuz they would be upset about not being able to have sex so they cant relate to why someone would be upset about it for other reasons.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 08 Jul 2016, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 11:25 pm

Yeah I'm on the "no idea what the f**k you just said" train...

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2016, 12:53 pm

That the sort of assumption statement that people make all the time. In this case based on the stereotype belief that the only thing men want out of a relationship or date is sex.

But good luck getting anyone to stop making assumptions. There are individual exceptions (and those are few) but I believe stereotypes still are the basic currency of thought today.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 8:33 am

Aaendi wrote:
Can people please stop using this strawman argument. Do you honestly think that if somebody wants to murder me, the first thing that will come to my mind is having sex with the murderer? You see how dumb that argument is? Even when the antagonist is a man, this argument gets tossed around to belittle me. I honestly don't give a f**k if women reject going on a date or having sex with.
Lacking context, this is apropos of nothing.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 8:40 am

I don't understand what this thread is about. There is no context.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:47 am

He is referring to the fact that some people think that a lamentation on a rejection = sense of entitlement.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:23 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
He is referring to the fact that some people think that a lamentation on a rejection = sense of entitlement.

I guess kind of similar to when someone is having a rough time and someone says 'you just need to get laid' as if that will solve all their problems. Granted I think I read somewhere that sex can help relieve stress....but still.

Some people might be upset about rejection because now they wont get sex from that person...but to assume that is kind of assuming a lot about the person like that the sex was all they valued about the other person.