Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

7on
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2007, 1:39 am

What would be the edique for sending flowers to a girlfriend who's on vacation with her mother and sister? Honestly I'm fascinated with this flower service 1800flowers.com so I basically want to buy her flowers 'because it's possible.' Plus I think it would be sweet. We are in a serious relationship and very much in love so what do you guys think? Would sending her flowers ruin her French vacation or make it better kind of thing? Opinions?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 1:42 am

I think it is a lovely idea, provided the mother and sister are aware of the relationship otherwise the surprise might be a little embarrassing for the girlfriend lol.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 5:28 am

I think it's a GREAT idea.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 10:57 am

Sounds like a good idea to me, went over well with an ex, though I was the one on vacation and she was at her apartment. (Things didn't stay good, but from what I understand she really liked it.)

Still, if you can find a way to get them to her, keeping it as a surprise, that would work well. The difficulty will be keeping it as a surprise. Could be really difficult if they are staying at a hotel. Not impossible, and definitely worth a shot.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 11:06 am

Are you actually going to send the flowers overseas? Holland is the big hub of flowers in Europe. I'd imagine it be pretty pointless, costly and wasteful to fly them in from the states just for this.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 11:12 am

You could go through a local distributor for wherever she is. For some companies, they have little to nothing to do with the actual flowers, they just get a florist to take care of it and handle the ordering type stuff.

madscientist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2007, 1:20 pm

It's actually easy if they're staying at a hotel, I've done it many times and they're used to it. If this is the case, you might call the hotel and alert them to the fact that flowers will be arriving for one of their guests, and ask that they be put in the room when they arrive. This usually happens even if you don't call the hotel. In my experience it goes over VERY well.

7on
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2007, 11:01 pm

K, I ordered them. Fleurpop.com is the site I went with. Oh I've met her mom a few times so she knows me. Also, to be safe, I told her I had a surprise coming for her in the next week and be on the lookout for it.