How do I practice starting conversation with girls?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 10:28 pm

My biggest fear is that I can't plan ahead on what to say and it feels so forced and not organic. My emotions and tone of voice is kind of robotic. Even reading tips and tutorials on how to start and build a conversation doesn't stick with me because by the time I'm actually starting, I don't recall the information. Does anyone else with AS experience this exactly as I said?

Do you have any tips on how to practice talking to girls, or even both sexes?

Closet_Genius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2016, 10:32 pm

I've answered that here
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=328846

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 6:42 pm

I want to also find out how to word profile/survey questions on profiles. I know I can be inspired by other people, but I can't plagiarize.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 6:58 pm

Take baby steps, use words from your own mouth, and assume that she has a say, in this, too.

It is a fact of life, that they can refuse the best people and accept the worst. Someone is making a choice. They are deciding whether to put up with you, no matter how clumsy you feel.

If she will not send clear signals, or not reciprocate, there are still plenty of fish in the ocean, as they say. What I am saying is she has to meet you halfway, or isn't worth it.

I would tell people keep it dignified. Remember not to give yourself a bad name. But, never worry about someone like that, if it comes down to it. She has to make just as much an effort as you.

Now, then, what is a polite way of complimenting the person, and what would you like to do about that.

The rest is a coin toss. The situation will speak for itself.

But, you have my congratulations for trying to initiate. Most people in my life have been cowards, so wouldn't even try to get that ball rolling. Good for you.

It is considered vulgar and rude, to keep score in a social relationship, as we are supposed to be altruistic and charitable. But, as a coping mechanism, I have found it valuable to see what kind of responses I get.

Remember --
You said A.
She did B.

It fits a logical pattern.