so I'm slightly telepathic......I think.

Page 1 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 1:23 am

So I'm posting this in here, because it actually relates to dating in some odd shape and form of something.

I'm good friends with a lot of dating couples at my school, and most of the time I know who is together, who has broken up, and who is getting together (or back together).

so what does this having to do with me being a telepath? or Empath?

Two days ago, I went to one of the couples facebook page, and noticed that it said single, so I figured that they'd broken up, but I couldn't place it if it were true or not, so I let it go. same night I had a dream where I talked to the girl who had broken up with her man, and what was weird, is that I may have linked into her somehow when sleeping. I had an actual conversation, this wasn't some weird dream thing, this was an actual conversation. So just to confirm, I talked to a mutual friend this evening, and she confirmed that they had broken up, saying the same words that had been spoken in the telepathic conversation.

What spooks me is this is not the first time this has happened. Fall semester at college, the day before my girlfriend broke up with me, I had a conversation (telepathically) with her and then the next morning, she broke up with me, just as I suspected would happen.

the last time something like this happened was 9/11/01. and what spooked me is that three days before 9/11 I had the same dream, that the enevitable would happen.

So back to dating. I have an odd habit to know who is dating, and I usually know who breaks up before it gets to Facebook or Myspace, and I don't usually talk a lot to these people before hand, so when my dream convos happen and then I find out, I'm surprised.

So the question is, what do I do about this? Anyone here have experiences with this?

azsxdc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2007, 4:08 am

This should not be an issue.
You have tapped into that gift we all have, embrace it! :D

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 10:36 am

It's a gift?

I nearly drowned in fifth grade, and as such I got a whole heck of other "gifts." To me this is a curse.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2007, 7:39 pm

No you didn't. Quit trying to hype yourself up to think you're special. You watch too many movies..

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 7:53 pm

I heard it was an autistic trait to have these sorts of delusions. I had similar ones. I don't want to mention them. :oops: I did have them vaguely in line with a scientific phenomenon but just thinking I had some profound control of it. As long as you can use them positively, or maybe treat them more as aspirations it can help your confidence. You have to realise though not only do you not have these powers but most likely you are going to be less intuitive than the average person. A shrink once put it to me, if you’re not making these social observations you are effectively out of touch. These can lead to delusions, anxiety, and paranoia. So it is not all good. I agree some delusions are fun. But you need to see them as delusions rather than truth. I see them as sort of a sign of ambition. Some of them are not too far out. I would not condone the supernatural ones. It is none too healthy.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 10:03 pm

Delusions?

I'm not delusional.

These things are not images, these are real events that happen to me. Have happened to me.

I'm also sure taht I'm not crazy ere. or paranoid. or delusional. or do I have anxiety issues.

azsxdc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2007, 10:28 pm

I for one believe it's entirely possible.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 10:36 pm

azsxdc wrote:
I for one believe it's entirely possible.

thank you.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 10:52 pm

Gamester wrote:
So the question is, what do I do about this? Anyone here have experiences with this?

Heh, what do you do with your AS for that matter? I don't think there's really a good answer for this one. Maybe there may be a few other people out there who have premonitions but I don't really think they'd say much more than just take it for what it is - something remote, not completely attached to you. If your trying to think of some grand purpose as to what your supposed to do with it in life I don't think I'd rush that one for an answer that fast because its really doubtful you'll ever get a satisfactory answer out of someone elses mouth and even if they did have the ultimate answer its not like you can just take it in and - bam! Everything's taken care of.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 1:35 am

Gamester wrote:
Delusions?

I'm not delusional.

These things are not images, these are real events that happen to me. Have happened to me.

I'm also sure taht I'm not crazy ere. or paranoid. or delusional. or do I have anxiety issues.

I have similar thoughts. But, I do question my sanity
regularly.

CDHarris
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2007, 2:00 am

What's more likely is that you're picking up on cues throughout the day. Then, when you go to sleep the brain is trying to make sense of things (studies show that it is actually good to sleep on important decisions)... and it manifests itself as a dream. That would be my first guess regarding the dream of your impending break-up.

Also, the brain is wired to pick up patterns and form connections between things/ideas even if there is no real significance... as well as discounting evidence to the contrary. This is similar to how people justify prayer... they forget/ignore all of the many times it fails and only remember the few times that it happens to coincide with reality. How many dreams have you gone through in your life? We're probably talking about tens of thousands (several per night)... and how many of them came true?

On top of that, the brain often just makes up details/memories to fill gaps... so it's possible that you could have heard the phrase from your mutual friend, associated it with the dream, then created the memory of hearing it in your dream after the fact. Basically, the brain can trick itself into believing almost anything.

As for large events like 9/11, there are billions of people in the world. I'm sure some of them have foreboding dreams in the general vicinity of disasters. Statistically speaking, it's a very safe bet. That you happen to have been one of them on one occasion doesn't really mean anything. On the other side of the coin, how many bad dreams have you had that didn't happen in real life? I'm guessing those are probably more common by several orders of magnitude... right?

So, from what I've read so far, I'm not seeing any special powers.

EDIT: I'm a skeptic (and an atheist)... if you haven't noticed.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:18 am

CDHarris wrote:
What's more likely is that you're picking up on cues throughout the day. Then, when you go to sleep the brain is trying to make sense of things (studies show that it is actually good to sleep on important decisions)... and it manifests itself as a dream. That would be my first guess regarding the dream of your impending break-up.

Also, the brain is wired to pick up patterns and form connections between things/ideas even if there is no real significance... as well as discounting evidence to the contrary. This is similar to how people justify prayer... they forget/ignore all of the many times it fails and only remember the few times that it happens to coincide with reality. How many dreams have you gone through in your life? We're probably talking about tens of thousands (several per night)... and how many of them came true?

On top of that, the brain often just makes up details/memories to fill gaps... so it's possible that you could have heard the phrase from your mutual friend, associated it with the dream, then created the memory of hearing it in your dream after the fact. Basically, the brain can trick itself into believing almost anything.

As for large events like 9/11, there are billions of people in the world. I'm sure some of them have foreboding dreams in the general vicinity of disasters. Statistically speaking, it's a very safe bet. That you happen to have been one of them on one occasion doesn't really mean anything. On the other side of the coin, how many bad dreams have you had that didn't happen in real life? I'm guessing those are probably more common by several orders of magnitude... right?

So, from what I've read so far, I'm not seeing any special powers.

EDIT: I'm a skeptic (and an atheist)... if you haven't noticed.

I figured as such that you came off as an atheist.

my "abilities" vary. in that I've lost some and gained some and some have matured.

And as for the dreams, sorry bro, but the dreams happened first, then the talking to the friend happened later.

Cal....I am very in control of my faulties. I'm an English Major for pete sakes, we're very sane.

CD. I've got weird abilities and do whatever you want to explain them away. I can see people's emotional states in colors. Red=angry, white=at piece, blue=melancholy, black=majorly angry or depressed, green=envious or pissed, yellow=happy or jolly. that's just an example right there of what I can read off people, there are other colors, but I needed to make an example.

besides my dream telepathic/empath abilities, I don't really know what else I have. the dreams and the aura are two of my major parts of my life and I am not making this up.

I nearly drowned in fifth grade, due to the fact of an untimley fall into cold freezing water in the middle of February. I was unconsious for nearly a second, and I felt like I was in heaven before I "woke up" so for all I know, I could of been in Heaven for a second, and God could have given me these gifts as a way to remind me that I am loved.

I don't dream often, very rarely. before fifth grade, I dreamed a lot, but that was before the "me almost drowning" since then I haven't dreamed often, and I remember what I dream when I sleep, that's how infrequently I dream.

three nights in a row of the same dream for 9/11, I told only about 10 people that I can trust and who I'm close to. My other dreams are what is to come, usually things that I won't remember until before they are to occur, But before they occur I'll remember them.

I used to have other abilities, a fast healing ability(think Wolverine off X-men), but that disappered. I have a complete mental facilitious nature that I can remember just about anything, useless junk that other people don't need to know, but I know it because its useful, in the event that I ever appear on Jeopardy or Wheel.

I can also look a person in the eye and see the state of their soul, though I don't use that ability unless its absolutly necessary, and by that, I can't tell from their facial features if they're lying or not. I hate having it because it exposes me to the vile nature of many people.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:35 am

Gamester wrote:
Cal....I am very in control of my faulties. I'm an English Major for pete sakes, we're very sane.

:?: what world are you from?

Quote:
I used to have other abilities, a fast healing ability(think Wolverine off X-men), but that disappered.

I still seem to have this. I also seem to be able to reduce other's pain - but it aggravates whatever
actually ails them. Moreover, when I get angry at those I care for, bad things happen to them. I had
to put a serious barrier up, to defend my wife from this. Unfortunately, when I did another ritual, it hit the barrier, and caused a terrible backlash, all because I had no idea that what I was doing would harm her. Incidentally, this ward prevented my soothing abilities from working on her any more.

Quote:
I can also look a person in the eye and see the state of their soul

Yes, Mr. Bush. :D I think I understand what you mean though. Still doesn't help me
from making bad choices, even if I KNOW that the person is a danger. Still, like most of
these abilities, it is quite easy to come up with some sort of non-mystical rationale. It's just hard to believe, when all one's own experiences seem to point otherwise.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 7:26 am

I'm sorry but these are delusions, your just not seeing them as so. What you are stating are exactly the sort of delusion I had/have.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:42 am

There may exist abilities not understood by scientific method at the moment.
However, most who suspect they have them are frauds, self-delusional,etc.
If you do have them, then i suggest you keep it to yourself for various reasons which i will not go into here.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 9:51 am

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE