trouble finding a partner, can anyone relate?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

gisgo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2007, 8:38 pm

Hello, I'm new here, my name's Michael Smith, I'm a very compassionate and romantic 26 year old male, but have had no luck meeting girls and connecting. I've had a few dates over the years but they never went anywhere serious. I'm told I'm an attractive and sweet guy, but I don't know what the problem is. Is anyone in the same situation?

vandire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jun 2007, 9:38 pm

Maybe you're too nice?

I honestly don't know, really. The biggest problem I see with people who want to meet someone is they'll assume a bit too much about how it works.

For example, the Bristol trend for meeting someone is nightclubs, and pretty much nothing else. So, even people who hate nightclubs will go to them when they want to try and meet someone. But it almost never works, because the type of people they'll meet there will be the type who likes nightclubs, who A) will probably notice they aren't enjoying themselves, which lowers attraction, and B) would be a different type of person, meaning that even if there is a significant attraction, the personality types wouldnt match.

The best advice I could give would be to find something relatively sociable or potentially group orientated that you like, even if its traditionally male dominated, and go for it. You'll enjoy yourself, the people you'll meet will be enjoying themselves, and will be a similar type of person to you, and even if you don't meet anyone, you won't have lost anything.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:40 pm

I just had a weird feeling I'd seen this thread before.

Anyway, kind of.
But I'm not bothered anymore.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:13 pm

Sopho wrote:
I just had a weird feeling I'd seen this thread before.

Nah. No one ever posts anything like
this around here.

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull