Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2018, 5:06 pm

I feel like saying I would like to introduce myself or something like that

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 5:08 pm

are you looking for a generic advice or something specific for a certain girl?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 5:14 pm

i think it's easier to know what not to do:

don't approach a girl in a formal context (like her work or during classes)
don't approach a girl in a context where she could feel vulnerable/scared (like at the street in the night)
don't approach a girl you don't have any connection to (a friend or a colleague or a mutual friend at least) unless it's a context where flirting is encouraged (as a party)

i guess the best way to approach a girl will be getting this connection you already have and trying to build some way to introduce yourself from it. say something you observed about her – not something too deep because it may sound creepy.

BayeuxTailor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2018, 4:45 am

What she said ^^

Also, talk to a woman with the goal of getting to know the person, not the body. Women can sense when a man is a cad. Be genuinely interested in her likes/dislikes. Don't just see legs, breasts, etc..

Silas
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Mar 2018, 1:05 pm

There are a few clever ways to try to get to know girl better without formally asking her out.

1. Tell her that you and a few friends like to go to art gallery openings (or something similar) on a specific day of the month. Give her the card with the address and nonchalantly tell her that it would be fun. If she shows up, excellent --now you go and say how glad you are to see her, and it goes from there.

2. After talking to her a few times casually, send her a friend request on FB.

3. Do a little intelligence and try to figure out where she likes to go to have fun. Then one night show up there--but be very low-key about it, or you could come off as a stalker. Go with a couple friends.

If all else fails, simply ask her if she wants to grab a cup of coffee

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 5:28 pm

A good way I have found to approach women, is to just talk to them like you would anybody else. If you happen to be around them sometime (don't go out of your way, or at least not make it obvious), maybe ask them for the time, or something along those lines. Keep it casual. If they seem like they might be interested, talk some more. :P

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 5:37 pm

^ Talking to a woman the way you'd talk to anyone else is a good approach, because we are just anyone else. I can't speak for other women, but personally I prefer to be treated like everyone else rather than having a big deal made out of our encounter.

Say "I would like to introduce myself" if that's how you normally engage with people (and it works for you). If it's not, then you are being overly formal and obvious about your intent, and it's likely to come across a bit confronting.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 9:54 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:

don't approach a girl in a context where she could feel vulnerable/scared (like at the street in the night)
don't approach a girl you don't have any connection to (a friend or a colleague or a mutual friend at least) unless it's a context where flirting is encouraged (as a party)

Much shorter: don't approach her, ever.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 9:57 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Much shorter: don't approach her, ever.

you are being mean

beady
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 10:06 pm

What do you have in common with his person? That forms the foundation for an opening comment or question.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 10:14 pm

You never have anything in common with anyone at first. If that rule were never broken, everyone would remain as socially isolated for their whole lives as the morons like me who do actually follow the rule without exception.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.