Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Lightbulb12345
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2016, 4:41 pm

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has used autistic dating (https://autisticdating.net/) and if so what you think of it. I've heard a few stories about admin doing nothing about harassment etc.- on other sites, not this one- so was wondering if that is true for this one.

Thanks

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 6:26 pm

I certainly hope they have policies against harassment.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 7:34 pm

Hm. Great idea, but I wonder about its execution. And, yes. I believe it could invite some bad situations.

All my NT/autistic relationships have been bad. And, the one autistic/autistic relationship was even worse. But, others' mileage may vary. :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

27 Feb 2016, 12:18 am

I used it years ago but there was a much greater percentage of men than women when I did. I got an email from them the other day that my membership status has been changed from Gold to Gold. I thought I had closed all my dating site accounts except for those I couldn't delete. I'll try logging on & see what's the story with this site. I can cancel my membership. There's 777 women seeking men, 191 women seeking women, 3916 men seeking women, & 171 men seeking men.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 27 Feb 2016, 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2016, 12:27 am

I've tried aspieology.com before, there seem to be very little users though, and way less than 50% are women.

Aspieology
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2016, 1:40 pm

AsahiPto17 wrote:
I've tried aspieology.com before, there seem to be very little users though, and way less than 50% are women.

@ AsahiPto17
Hi, Reg here, creator and co-founder of the Aspergers dating site Aspieology, we're expanding our members everyday, since officially launching 4 months ago. And, I'm especially trying to find new ways to connect with female Aspies; I think historically, less women are diagnosed with ASD than men. Someone else in this thread mentioned policies about trolls and abuse... keeping Aspieology free of bad behavior is one of our core principles. We zap any accounts that don't follow our rules. Thanks for the feedback, have a great day. Reg

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 4:45 pm

Aspieology wrote:
And, I'm especially trying to find new ways to connect with female Aspies; I think historically, less women are diagnosed with ASD than men.

Well, if you only welcome diagnosed people, then there is really nothing you can do about the gender distribution. ASD diagnosis is biased because the diagnostic criteria is male-biased.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 6:36 am

autisticdating.net is a joke to. nobody is on there really.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 10:19 am

Aspieology wrote:
AsahiPto17 wrote:

@ AsahiPto17
Hi, Reg here, creator and co-founder of the Aspergers dating site Aspieology, we're expanding our members everyday, since officially launching 4 months ago. And, I'm especially trying to find new ways to connect with female Aspies; I think historically, less women are diagnosed with ASD than men. Someone else in this thread mentioned policies about trolls and abuse... keeping Aspieology free of bad behavior is one of our core principles. We zap any accounts that don't follow our rules. Thanks for the feedback, have a great day. Reg

aspie women act like neurotypicals. thats not cool.

nickiromero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2019, 3:19 pm

no, personally I used this site of russian dating in egypt, because I became passionate about dating a Russian woman, because once I was in Egypt and there I liked Russian tourists, but the woman I remember the most was a single Russian woman of 28 y.o that agreed to get acquainted with me, and it was so interesting to talk to her, so that I even searched for dating sites where I could meet a Russian woman in Egypt (simply because I go there almost once in 3 months)