The high end of the spectrum of interest

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2020, 10:34 pm

In recent weeks, it’s become apperant to me that a lot of girls who I’ve crossed paths with in the past think of me as a “cool guy” but are not into me romantically. A recent example of it is a girl I used to go to school with. A few nights ago, I saw her at the grocery store and there was delight in her voice when she said “hey, I haven’t seen you in a while!”. She was one of many, many people I unfriended on FB a couple months ago, but after that interaction, I friended her again and then messaged her. We exchanged a few texts, and then she ghosted me.

My mom told me what I said in that first sentence today, which doesn’t help my confidence that I’ll be able to find someone. I feel like I have to be super super lucky to find someone who I like romantically, and she just so happens to like me romantically as well, not just as a “bestie”.

Regarding the title of this thread, my mom said that as well. Maybe that explains why no one seems to feel the same way I do. But to contradict that, so many people my age are in serious relationships. I am confused as always.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 7:18 am

At least people LIKE you.....that will, inevitably, lead to introductions and future relationships.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth :)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 8:18 am

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while" is standard NT bs when seeing someone they really don't want to see. Another common NT lie in these situations is "We'll have to get together!" NTs get this. Aspies don't.

I can't tell you how often I have "fallen" for this until I figured it out.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 9:08 am

Care about eye contact. Most girls have quite pretty eyes. Give the girls a nice smile if greeting them. Care if a girl that you like gets in touch and do never shy away from it. Give the girls that you like a little hug for greeting instead of shaking hands only. It brakes the distance.