Not wanting men in nightclubs?

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 10:18 am

My parents were saying last night that nightclubs do not want men in there clubs.
I asked my parents the reason why this is and they were not really sure themselves.

Can I have your opinions as to why a lot of nightclubs don’t want men in there establishment?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 10:25 am

Only lesbian clubs would have such a policy, but I think a nightclub would be the absolute WORST place to be in this pandemic and can't believe any are open.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 10:32 am

MaxE wrote:
Only lesbian clubs would have such a policy, but I think a nightclub would be the absolute WORST place to be in this pandemic and can't believe any are open.

Well sometimes you would think these are lesbian only clubs. A lot of women go out to have a great time with there female friends while having no interesting in hooking up with guys.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm

Untrue. I think you're parents are trying to protect you or so.. They somehow don't want you to go there :shrug:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 8:19 pm

I can't speak as to why your parents would say what they did.

But MaxE is right, you should be way more scared of this virus than loneliness or rejection.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:03 pm

I would bet that many (heterosexual) women PRETEND they don’t want men in nightclubs—as a way to play “hard to get.”

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 12:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would bet that many (heterosexual) women PRETEND they don’t want men in nightclubs—as a way to play “hard to get.”

So you are suggesting that men *do* have an inkling into how women think? 8O

"Your dreaming, mate." :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 9:36 am

Jamesy wrote:
My parents were saying last night that nightclubs do not want men in there clubs.  I asked my parents the reason why this is and they were not really sure themselves.
That should be your first clue that they don't know what they're talking about: They don't know why they believe it.
Jamesy wrote:
Can I have your opinions as to why a lot of nightclubs don’t want men in their establishment?
Your question presumes that your parents' belief is valid, which it isn't -- mainly because the wording suggests that they believe all nightclubs want to keep men out, which they don't (MaxE's suggestion may be an exception).  Your parents may just be trying to scare you away from nightclubs. 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 11:40 am

I think that your parents are trying to protect you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 2:16 pm

If men believe there will be a high ratio of unattended women they're more likely to go vs. if they think there will be an even mix. Insecure men tell themselves they can't compete against other men. That's the general reason clubs tend to have policies that encourage getting women in the door even if it means somewhat fewer men get through the door. Ultimately if there's women men will probably try to follow.

It's not as though they don't want any men, especially if men are more likely to pay to get in and pay for stuff inside.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 2:56 pm

If you have female friends in your group, bring them along - they will let you in for sure.
A bunch of single guys with no female company wouldn’t be so welcomed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If you have female friends in your group, bring them along -- they will let you in for sure.  A bunch of single guys with no female company wouldn’t be so welcomed.
Strangely, that makes sense!

Maybe not so strange, though ... if each man brings two women (as guests, not dates), then it's less likely that any one man would ever "strike out" and go home alone.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If you have female friends in your group, bring them along - they will let you in for sure.
A bunch of single guys with no female company wouldn’t be so welcomed.

This also has to do with how men are more likely to behave themselves when the group is mixed.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:54 pm

What would happen if a guy tried to get into a busy nightclub on his own?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:

The cover just went up, payable directly to me. Got $100? 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 5:09 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
The cover just went up, payable directly to me. Got $100?
Uptown, the minimum cover begins at $200...

:wink: