A Life Lesson For The Active Guys Here: Meme.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2024, 3:41 pm

I love this meme, it sums my thoughts and observation exactly which I expressed in an old thread.

If she is not enthusiastic in knowing you, don't waste your time. Ever. Walk away.

The original thread:
viewtopic.php?t=387442

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2024, 3:53 pm

For the most part, I agree with what you’re saying although it seems applicable to people of any gender. However, this won’t necessarily be true of those who are shy or introverted:

Quote:
I am a very strong proponent of the rule that if a girl really likes you, then she will make it very EXTREMELY obvious to you - like rubbing her admiration on your face to the extent that it's impossible to miss even for aspies. Things like frequently initiating texts with you, adding you to her facebook, coming TO your way whenever she sees you to say hi and start a conversation with you, small gestures like buying something to eat for you ...etc. The whole thing, when combined together, will become VERY OBVIOUS, you wouldn't even do second guesses even if you have the worst social skills in the universe.

I wasn’t usually that obvious when I liked someone. Still, it’s best to avoid chasing/stalkery behavior.

LittleBeach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2024, 4:31 pm

Yeah I pretty much agree,

I would point out that the questions portrayed aren’t very inspiring. Most people will just say “fine” in response to “how are you”, because it’s more of a greeting than a question. And a lot of people with boring jobs don’t have a lot to say in response to “how was your day”/wyd. You might have to ask a few more questions or open up about yourself to get a more interesting response.

But I agree with the overall point that you shouldn’t waste your time on people who aren’t making the effort with you,

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 12:17 am

LittleBeach wrote:
Yeah I pretty much agree,

I would point out that the questions portrayed aren’t very inspiring. Most people will just say “fine” in response to “how are you”, because it’s more of a greeting than a question. And a lot of people with boring jobs don’t have a lot to say in response to “how was your day”/wyd. You might have to ask a few more questions or open up about yourself to get a more interesting response.

But I agree with the overall point that you shouldn’t waste your time on people who aren’t making the effort with you,

In real life or even in an online chat: If she was really interested she would elaborate more, Or she would ask the same back and let him elaborate more… and then the conversation flows.

No one who is really into you would just rely you with just one word following by a period.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 1:07 am

He doesn't seem to be interested in knowing her as these are pretty generic questions that have rather basic answers.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2024, 1:45 am

You could ask the most interesting and engaging questions and still get a few word texts. Also if she does answer theses questions, she doesn't have questions of her own to ask. I would ask "Anything you wanna ask me? I don't bite a promise." Her: "No i can't think of anything" and if the conversations keeps going and still she doesn't questions or comments of her own, she was never interested; she just wanted attention. Leave her on read and move on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 4:35 am

modernmax wrote:
He doesn't seem to be interested in knowing her as these are pretty generic questions that have rather basic answers.

All humans start conversations with these basic questions, you can't expect someone to start with an essay when he/she first meets you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

21 Jul 2024, 6:52 am

Even if I was interested in the woman asking those questions I wouldn't know how to respond & I'd probably stick to basic responses due to sh!tty social skills & assuming she's just being friendly.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 7:47 am

I think chasing a woman is a bad idea unless you want to keep up with that kind of behaviour during your relationship with her. There is no reason why you should be more interested in you having a relationship with each other than she is.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

22 Jul 2024, 8:23 am

BillyTree wrote:
I think chasing a woman is a bad idea unless you want to keep up with that kind of behaviour during your relationship with her. There is no reason why you should be more interested in you having a relationship with each other than she is.
What is meant by chasing? My current girlfriend waa a lot more interested in a relationship with me because she read a lot of my posts whereas she had barely posted.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 10:57 am

^In this context chasing is when you are insisting to make contact with someone that is showing no interest.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 11:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
modernmax wrote:

All humans start conversations with these basic questions, you can't expect someone to start with an essay when he/she first meets you.

Then the answers also should not be expected to be an essay either.

A more realistic scenario would be another panel with the guy saying, "well since you're not doing anything, how's about grabbing a drink?"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 1:21 am

modernmax wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
modernmax wrote:

Then the answers also should not be expected to be an essay either.

I don’t get it why you are insisting on blaming the guy, if she was really interested she would ask back something alone the line. « Fine, what about you? » then he would have the chance to open up. But saying just one word is a dead-end = she is not interested.

Quote:
A more realistic scenario would be another panel with the guy saying, "well since you're not doing anything, how's about grabbing a drink?"

What??! Asking her out right away?? Even after she’s CLEARLY showing no interest and no willingness in progressing the conversation?
If so then you have completely missed the zero-interest signs in the comic.
That’s not realistic at all and it will never work (unless you are super hot then…. maybe).

Cold approaches don’t work.

SailorsGuy12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2024, 7:22 pm

I thought these two meme characters were weird.

"Capitalism" or free-market != oppression

enz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 7:59 pm

Girl in random chat site: " F " (for female)
Me: how you going?
Girl: "im going like this *ejects from chat*

:roll:

we were both there to talk to people she could of said how her day was going

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 8:27 pm

modernmax wrote:

Bearded dude is smart, if he persists then the next time he asks her she's off to HR with a harassment claim