Should I pursue online dating or not?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2024, 4:40 pm

At the moment I just can’t seem to get a girlfriend despite being outgoing and it’s making me feel really depressed. Would online dating be beneficial to find a potential partner or is it best avoided for people on the autistic spectrum like me?

Here’s some brief info about me

Long term unemployed for mental health reasons

Currently doing part time volunteering/charity work

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2024, 7:38 pm

It's up to you.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2024, 7:42 pm

I think you are better off meeting possible dates via your volunteering and charity work.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 3:02 am

I would try! I did online dating a couple years ago and got a couple dates. Things didn't work out and had some issues with rejection after but would definitely try again maybe in the future. My preferred method would be meeting someone at work or organically but sometimes you have to take some risks. I used Match.com as I live in the United States and also a Christian dating website called ChristianMingle as I was looking for a woman in the Christian faith. I'm not sure if they maybe have Match in the UK or what the best dating website would be. My sister met her husband through online dating. You could always try a couple sites and see what you like best. I also really like BTDT's advice above about meeting someone through charity or volunteer work.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.