Sweet and Innocent syndrome?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 5:48 am

Mostly for straight guys. So have you ever known a young woman who seemed sweet and innocent, prim and proper, or shy and mousy, a "nice girl" about whom you later learned was really a freak in her private life, willingly lost her virginity in her early teens, or has a high body count?

How I experienced this when still a virgin, was girls I tried to court, who I thought were attracted to me, but I didn't get anywhere with physically, and I thought it was because they were nice girls, but eventually learned they just weren't into me that way although they had gotten it on with other guys, usually at a young age.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 9:04 am

A woman can be nice, sweet, innocent, etc. and still have an adventurous sex life, just like men can. It’s not a gendered thing although there are obviously still double standards when it comes to this stuff.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 9:57 am

this is kind of weird

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 10:05 am

I just feel like there’s too much judgment directed at women as far as sex goes, especially when folks talk about girls willingly engaging in sex in their early teens. Sometimes that can be related to experiencing CSA. Obviously, that’s not always the case, but either way, it still reads a bit…creepy.

Apart from that, I think we need to move away from judging people about this stuff and from the angel/whore dichotomy in particular.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 10:56 pm

Women who like sex or engage in it willingly are freaks?
Now I've heard everything.
Forget angel/whore.
I guess it's frigid/freak.

Also I'd appreciate if people didn't use the term "body count" for anything but mass murder.

*Correction: I don't even think it's appropriate for mass murder.

Let's have some sensitivity, please.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 2:10 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Forget angel/whore.

Also I'd appreciate if people didn't use the term "body count" for anything but mass murder.

Yes to everything!

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 3:01 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
A woman can be nice, sweet, innocent, etc. and still have an adventurous sex life, just like men can. It’s not a gendered thing although there are obviously still double standards when it comes to this stuff.

Yes, I don't think that kind of a mismatch is really that odd when it comes to sex. One of my male room mates in college was like that, looked innocent enough, but definitely had a rather dirty mind.
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Forget angel/whore.

Apparently not?

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2024, 4:17 am

MaxE wrote:
Mostly for straight guys. So have you ever known a young woman who seemed sweet and innocent, prim and proper, or shy and mousy, a "nice girl" about whom you later learned was really a freak in her private life, willingly lost her virginity in her early teens, or has a high body count?

How I experienced this when still a virgin, was girls I tried to court, who I thought were attracted to me, but I didn't get anywhere with physically, and I thought it was because they were nice girls, but eventually learned they just weren't into me that way although they had gotten it on with other guys, usually at a young age.

There's a lot I would like to say here, but I'm just going to keep it simple instead. No morals or good standards equals red flag. This goes for both men and women.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 5:23 am

I treat sex as something I should ONLY do within a committed relationship with the right man!! !

This is part of why I abstained until I met David

I have never bounced around with different men and had one-night stands with them because that is morally wrong

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 6:15 am

For those who insist on finding red flags in the original post: I used the term freak simply to mean having a high libido and uninhibited in intimacy. I did not mean promiscuous behavior of any sort, in fact what experience I've had with women who could be accused of promiscuity is that they aren't necessarily unusually horny or exciting sex partners, but they have multiple partners to satisfy some other psychological need plus they may simply not be fussed about having more than one partner simultaneously.

The issue I raised was twofold. One was that inexperienced young men may assume, from outward appearances, that young women who seem reticent, mousy, or conservative are probably squeamish about sex, and how in reality they can be just the opposite given the right circumstances; and that their failure to "get anywhere" with such a woman results from their own inability to inspire that woman's sexual attraction, rather than because the woman is actually a prude or whatever other misogynistic term I can get slammed for using.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Aug 2024, 6:18 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Sexist thread is sexist.

Locked.