Partner needs space, i'm trying as best I can

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

FlintLovesBonnie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2024, 10:15 am

My partner is going through something, and won't tell me what. Whatever, I respect that. I'm worrieed, but she's assured me she's okay.

For context, she has been distant lately; brushing me off, ignoring me, etc.. She sent me a huge text explaining that they "adore" me but just need a little space.

I am respecting it as best I can, but i'm annoyed. Not by the fact that they want space, but because when I ask for something I need they treat it like a chore or just flat out say no.

I don't think it's that hard to put the "I" in I love you, to play with your partners hair, or to ask if they are okay when they are crying right in front of you.

I love them, and I know they love me. I'm just so frustrated and idk what to do.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 11:21 am

I'm not sure I understand what is bothering you exactly. At first I thought it was that your partner is struggling with something and is not sharing it with you when you wish you could help her through it. But then you say you're annoyed because she won't pay attention to your needs. Which is it?

Either way, I can see that both situations are difficult and frustrating. I think they only thing you can do is try to be supportive and let her know you are there for her.

FlintLovesBonnie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2024, 11:44 am

bee33 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what is bothering you exactly. At first I thought it was that your partner is struggling with something and is not sharing it with you when you wish you could help her through it. But then you say you're annoyed because she won't pay attention to your needs. Which is it?

Either way, I can see that both situations are difficult and frustrating. I think they only thing you can do is try to be supportive and let her know you are there for her.

it's the fact that it seems she thinks her needs are more important than mine. I do everything in my power to support her yet i don't get the same

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 12:36 pm

You can try talking to her about it and come to some kind of agreement or compromise. But sometimes relationships are uneven like that.