Got invited to a man from Day Program's house...should I go?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 10:35 pm

This man from Day Program's name is Patrick and his mom invited me to come over to his house but I don't know how well that would go over with David?

The question is:

Should I do it?

Or is this not a good idea?

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!! !

Devoted
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2024, 11:59 pm

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind me asking....

(1) Is David your boyfriend/fiance/husband?
(2) If the answer to (1) is "yes," then would he be willing to go with you to Patrick's house?
(3) Is there any possibility that Patrick has a crush on you? If "yes," then I would politely decline the invitation. It would be very painful for Patrick if he had hope of a relationship with you, but you are already attached to David.
(4) Do you hang out with other guys, without upsetting David? (Assuming David is your fiance/husband.)

If you are in a committed relationship with David, it's best to ask him what he thinks of the situation. Open and honest communication. :-)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 12:17 am

What are you going to his house for?
Dinner?
A game of gin rummy?
A spot of Morris dancing?
?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 12:27 am

Prop the maypole and hand me a ribbon!

If his mum's inviting you, there's probably a good feed in it.
How picky are your eating habits?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 1:26 am

I suppose you could ask your boyfriend if he minds, just to keep things simple and open, but you should be able to visit someone's house without having to get his permission. Especially since this person's mother invited you, that seems very innocent.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 1:41 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
This man from Day Program's name is Patrick and his mom invited me to come over to his house but I don't know how well that would go over with David?

The question is:

Should I do it?

Or is this not a good idea?

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!! !

Are you in a relationship with David? if so it may be inappropriate for this other guy to ask you out when you already are with someone, so if you are in a relationship with David you should probably not go on a date with patrick
but if you arent in a relationship and you like patrick nothing wrong with making a move but may want to make sure he is on the same page first. As idk there are guys who want to take advantage of women with less sexual experience so you have to kind of look out for red flags like that.

Basically if you are just seeing david sometimes and not in a commited relationship you can date whoever, but if you and david are in a relationship it probably would not be cool to have sex with other people. Unless you talk about it and decide it is ok for both partners to f**k other people for me personally I would not want my boyfriend f*****g other girls but I lean towards monogamy like I juust want one partner to love, not 5 or more partners I have to tolerate it is nice having intimacy with just one person and I don't want to share that with 5 or more other partners I want it to just be me and him. But some people prefer just one partner and some people lean towards wanting to have more than one. I think both are ok so long as partners communicate with each other.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 5:58 am

Patrick is my friend, nothing more!! !

He IS cute but I do not have an attraction to him

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 10:15 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Is he a starfish or a human?

Seriously though, if this isn't something you can casually discuss with David, you should give it a miss. Even if your intentions are good, his feelings could still be hurt.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 12:57 pm

MaxE wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Is he a starfish or a human?

Seriously though, if this isn't something you can casually discuss with David, you should give it a miss. Even if your intentions are good, his feelings could still be hurt.

Not Patrick Star!! !! !!

David was the one who suggested it in the first place so I could go to the Special Olympics Bowling tournament yesterday but I was too late asking Patrick's parents

Had I not procrastinated, I would have gotten to go!

But as long as I am with David, I shouldn't go to another man's house

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 1:00 pm

You should ask Patrick's mom, "Can my boyfriend David come too?" See how she reacts. If he can, then bring David along to visit Patrick and his mother.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 1:12 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
You should ask Patrick's mom, "Can my boyfriend David come too?" See how she reacts. If he can, then bring David along to visit Patrick and his mother.

That's actually not a bad idea!! !

David and Patrick are already friends and it would ensure I don't do anything inappropriate with the latter

But IDK if David could make it up that long road

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 1:13 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

That's actually not a bad idea!! !

David and Patrick are already friends and it would ensure I don't do anything inappropriate with the latter

But IDK if David could make it up that long road

You should still ask to see if he's invited too.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 10:20 pm

I'm confused.

You say he's your friend and nothing more ... but then you say you need to ensure you don't do anything inappropriate with him (??! !)

Why would you do something inappropriate unless you want to?

How do you know David likes you in that way?

Maybe it's his mother who likes you, or wants to hit on you?

Maybe it's neither of them.

I don't get it.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 8:36 pm

@IsabellaLinton

It's hard to explain but I do think Patrick is cute!! ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can visit him BUT just for the day

If I actually spent the night over there, we might get a little bit carried away if you know what I mean?

To keep that from happening and preserve my current relationship with David it would be best to only visit him for a short amount of time!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 8:41 pm

When I asked "How do you know David likes you in that way?", I meant to say Patrick.

Just because you think he's cute it doesn't mean he's into you.
People can be friends without attraction.

If he does like you, and you like him, perhaps you should have an open relationship with David.
Maybe Patrick and David like each other too.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 9:30 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
@IsabellaLinton

It's hard to explain but I do think Patrick is cute!! ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can visit him BUT just for the day

If I actually spent the night over there, we might get a little bit carried away if you know what I mean?

To keep that from happening and preserve my current relationship with David it would be best to only visit him for a short amount of time!
Why in the world would you spend the night at Patrick's house? That would be weird in the extreme.