Aspie dating success stories

Page 1 of 14 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Canadian Freedom Lover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2024, 3:28 am

I'm sick of hearing negative stuff on here. Does anyone have any relationship / dating success stories that they would like to share with the rest of us? If you do please post below.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 9:26 pm

I will post mine

I am Autistic and people thought because of that I would NEVER find love, get married, have children, etc

Well...guess what?!?

I am now engaged for marriage!! !! !!

Take that naysayers!! !

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 9:49 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I will post mine

I am Autistic and people thought because of that I would NEVER find love, get married, have children, etc

Well...guess what?!?

I am now engaged for marriage!! ! ! ! !

Take that naysayers!! !

i assume you dated a lot in your 20s

Canadian Freedom Lover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2024, 10:31 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I will post mine

Well...guess what?!?

Take that naysayers!! !

Great to hear! How did you meet him?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 11:04 pm

I wasn't game to go first.
The condensed version.
In bed within 1/2 hour, together 35 years :D

Where did that ^^^ assumption come from?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 11:06 pm

Nearly five years for us.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 10:46 am

anywho:

i'm currently with my partner of two years. we didn't really ask each other out. it just kind of happened. something just clicked and we agreed to start dating. LDR for like a year or so until I moved in with him

he tolerates a lot with me. i know i am not easy. he just had to deal with a three-week stint from me where i wasn't (and still am not) getting enough sleep. i act a lot worse, i get overloaded more. I wish I was better, and I wasn't so...awful sometimes.

Everyone keeps telling us to get married and we probably are, but I like where we are at currently.

My last ex treated me like trash, so getting out of that awful relationship into something that feels pretty normal. It's nice.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 12:03 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I will post mine

Well...guess what?!?

Take that naysayers!! !

You've been here long enough to be familiar with her posting history, but if you're not she's repeatedly mentioned this is her first relationship.

You keep trotting out this idea that women have it much easier than men despite all of the women who will attest that you're wrong on that notion. It's not just gross but it's also objectively false.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 12:06 pm

^Agree! It's been said over and over.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 4:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I will post mine

Well...guess what?!?

Take that naysayers!! !

You've been here long enough to be familiar with her posting history, but if you're not she's repeatedly mentioned this is her first relationship.

You keep trotting out this idea that women have it much easier than men despite all of the women who will attest that you're wrong on that notion. It's not just gross but it's also objectively false.

It is true that this is my first actual relationship that will eventually lead to marriage

HOWEVER, this is NOT (I repeat not! !!) my first romantic relationship ever!

I have dated and had boyfriends in past

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 4:53 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
It is true that this is my first actual relationship that will eventually lead to marriage

HOWEVER, this is NOT (I repeat not! ! !) my first romantic relationship ever!

I have dated and had boyfriends in past

Thanks for the correction. :)

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 6:27 pm

I'm kinda neurodivergent (undiagnosed with something according to my wife) so I did get married and it's been 24 years now. I attribute my success to taking the plunge and travelling overseas to meet women.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 7:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I will post mine

Well...guess what?!?

Take that naysayers!! !

yeah, its just i hear of lots of stories of guys, men, reaching 30s, 40s, an 50s and having never dated, or never had a girlfriend before, meanwhile i never or very rarely hear of stories or cases like that for women. Its a reminder on how cruel nature and reality can be.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 7:43 pm

^^^ I have advocated for others here on WP (I suspect there are hundreds) sharing their success stories to help the members like you. But on the flipside it can make FOMO worse

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 7:51 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
yeah, its just i hear of lots of stories of guys, men, reaching 30s, 40s, an 50s and having never dated, or never had a girlfriend before, meanwhile i never or very rarely hear of stories or cases like that for women. Its a reminder on how cruel nature and reality can be.

It's almost like the guys are much more prone to complaining about it compared to the women, and that means people are more likely to think of males as being the only people who it happens to, rather than just the people who complain most vocally when it happens to them.

The problem is that not recognizing that distortion seems to lead to overlooking people who don't fit the preconceived notion, even after one has literally interacted with people who are dealing with the same struggle but don't fit the preconceived notion.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 7:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

It's almost like the guys are much more prone to complaining about it compared to the women, and that means people are more likely to think of males as being the only people who it happens to, rather than just the people who complain most vocally when it happens to them.

The problem is that not recognizing that distortion seems to lead to overlooking people who don't fit the preconceived notion, even after one has literally interacted with people who are dealing with the same struggle but don't fit the preconceived notion.

yeah, i'm open to the possibility that men tend to disclose their cases more than women do