I am totally trapped in loneliness

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 5:05 pm

I totally trapped. I don’t have any wieght to lose, any more nice cloths to buy, and I seem happy and confident, and ,according to some workmates, not shy. I am so depressed I don’t think it is possible that anyone can take this level of loneliness. The only thing that I can do is try meditation as a cure for loneliness because there is no other cure. And possibility find a bitter find more money for status, and all those things I don’t care about.

I can’t even enjoy a novel, because it is meaningless and I cant get drunk of a Friday because drinking makes me even more depressed. My workmate always say that I should go on vacation, now the novelty has weared off it is now just a very expensive way to spend more time fighting depression.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2008, 5:33 pm

i wish that i could do something to take away your loneliness: make some kind of spell or some kind of payment, alas as you well know, it doesn't work that way.

this is something that i suffer with too again and again, maybe not now, but i know it will come around again in due course because the underlying frustrations have no logical solution (though it isn't for wont of trying).

the things that ease the pain are my intense focuses/hobbies and the few people who share these and/or are friendly to me in spite of my differences, though i don't know that i have 'proper friends' as such in the traditional sense.

so i have to ask what activities spark your curiousity??

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 5:38 pm

Vacations aren't necessarily just ways to spend more money. Sometimes a change of scenery can be really helpful.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 6:05 pm

Intense focus or business doesn't work. I could be chased by killer dogs and feel chronic loneliness while running.

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2008, 6:29 pm

Is it depression or is it loneliness. Sometimes when my mood is down I will find something negative to focus on. Taking antidepressants sorts this problem out. When my mood is low I think and worry about things - that when my mood is okay - I can cope with. So - I wonder is it really the loneliness that gets to you - or is it a mood problem where your focus has become a feeling of being very alone.
Do you see people during your day - do you live alone?

I hope my post doesn't come across as being tactless - just relating your post to how I feel sometimes - and what I have found helps me to feel better.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 6:41 pm

You've identified your issue as loneliness.

In what sense? Were you looking for friends, partners, online, real-life ???

Do you have problems finding/keeping friends/partners or is it that the friends/partners aren't providing you the comforts you need - ie: aren't addressing your loneliness properly?

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 7:37 pm

Find an obsession.

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 7:52 pm

PETS!

goldfish, siamese fighting fish, budgie whatevah.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 9:21 pm

I just came back from volunteering in New Orleans this past week... before I went, I was feeling much the same way as you... All you really need is a good group of people. The trick, however, is finding that good group of people...

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 4:10 am

Basshead wrote:
Find an obsession.

That is why Loneliness has evolved in aspies in the first place

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 9:05 am

im goin through this too :( im sorry, chav.

some days are ok, some arent.

i just got a huge lighboard so im gonna start drawing biological illustrations again... ill tell ya if the obsession thing works.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 9:14 am

I am sorry that you are feeling lonely Aspie_Chav. I have met you and I would not have known this if you had not brought it up here.

I sometimes think that people misinterpret loneliness with being aware of themselves as individuals. Could it be that?

Meditation is helpful though it does bring up the things going on inside us and maybe this would not be so good if what you are experiencing is actually depression, unless you have a guide or therapist handy.

mcover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2008, 10:20 am

Loneliness is a terrible thing. I've been feeling lonely ever since i started going to uni. Everybody told me it would be great at uni, but i'm just overwhelmed with work and trying to stay alive. It can feel like a cage sometimes. What I do then is just go somewhere where I can find lots of people (like a park, or supermarket). But that only helps in the moment. And yes, obsessions are a nice way to keep one distracted. I cook a lot, because its fun and gives me something to do when I don't feel like studying or working.

I just wish I'd find a partner/companion/real friend.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 3:46 pm

Hello Kaleido I remember you too, and your interests. You are probably right that meditation can bring up a lot of negative thought and things that happened in the past; however, sometime negative thoughts lay hidden in the subconscious, meditation can bring them up so one can deal with them.

I has now occurred to me that meditation probably only effective for loneliness brought on by negative thoughts. For row loneliness, meditation would probably be less effective.

Row loneliness is natures way of forcing people into relationships. Aspies such as me would never be happily willing to enter the NT world for the sake of making NT friends that lead to a relationship. Love, status, money nor sex wouldn’t make me find a relationship amongst NT however to avoid loneliness is a completely different thing altogether.

hiunikel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2008, 4:59 pm

i aslo sometimes feel lonely
but its a part of my personality , and i tried to get inside the groups of work or even student
but i feel comfortable alone