I've given up on dating, PERIOD!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 1:52 pm

Well, I've given up on dating by the time I was 23. I seriously got sick of being walked on, or just let go of. Now-a-days I just go out with ex's and have really close friends, but very few. Do you fellow WP'ers follow suit?

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 2:20 pm

I have not dated in over 6 years now. I think I wanted to have a partner when I was younger, as thought I should but when I realized I didnt have to be married- that it didnt make me a different person,I stopped bothering. I also have alot of fear of getting another bad guy, as I have absolutely no idea whether someone is predatory or friendly. I will die alone and unloved :D with any luck :wink:

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 2:43 pm

Once in a while I see the dating game, and it seems so complicated and intimidating and so much can be decided in one moment... Add to the mix my new found cynicism about relationships. I've pretty much set in my mind for the time being that I will never date. However, I should hope not to die alone. I'll reconsider the subject when I get myself together.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 3:06 pm

Wow, I wish I had ex's I could call up and go out with now and then, no strings attached.

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 3:11 pm

At some point in my mid-twenties, right after my last relationship ended, I realised that I was happier when I was not in a relationship than when I was in one. So I decided to take a break from dating for a few months. Those months have since stretched into many years. I have thought about dating again, but realistically, I could not deal with it right now.

Last edited by Logan5 on 10 Apr 2008, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 5:04 pm

I can see why you'd want to give it all up. But you've got to look at it from a distinct point of view. As humans we only exist to find a mate before we die, and preserve our DNA. Everything we do in the world is a facade created by our primitive mind to fool our conscious mind into finding a "mate".
The way I see it, if my only reason to exist is to find a woman and die, I may as well play along. Understanding that it's all meaningless really takes the pressure off.

I'm 19, and i've never had a girlfriend. But in truth, the only thing that has kept me alive all these years was the idea that one day I might find love.

If you can't beat the system, manipulate the system to your advantage.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 6:01 pm

:roll: Yeah, well I've wondered if the if dating is overrated at times. I mean why can't ppl just hang out before they start to seriously date or get romantically involved. I don't know though, I'm sort of in the same boat only I don't hang around ppl I use to be with. :(

Caravaggio
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 10:34 pm

I'd rather be able to say for certain I've been on a date and have it fail than never be able to say with certainty what it was.

Appears people like me have to be lonely in order for others to have success.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 11:15 pm

I'm going to give up on it before I even start, or at least I want to.