Does this happen quite a lot?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:44 am

Sometimes do people marry thier first girlfiriend or boyfriend. I am just wondering thats all?

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 9:18 am

Some people do, yeah.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 9:21 am

Yeah.... :?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:35 am

Your question is put differently from title to body; it does happen, but in today's society it does not occur as often relatively as it might have some decades ago.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

13 Jan 2009, 11:39 am

It's rare. It happened to one of my aunts.

I am going to marry my third boyfriend. My parents said it took them more than three tries to find the right person. I think my dad was with five women and my mother was with lot of men. She dated but I dunno how many bf's she had. She was even engaged once before and broke it off. I can only think of two she was in before my dad.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:42 am

I think if you marry your first girlfriend later on in life you might regret not going out with more girls.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:54 am

Jamesy wrote:
I think if you marry your first girlfriend later on in life you might regret not going out with more girls.

And one can regret having roamed too long before finding the right person. There are drawbacks to any course of action.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2009, 12:19 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sometimes do people marry thier first girlfiriend or boyfriend. I am just wondering thats all?

Yes and you really shouldn't unless you are absolutely sure and it depends on what age you are. If you are 18 then you shouldn't. If you are 30 then maybe you should consider it if you really are in love.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 4:51 pm

Know of a handful of couples that did just that, and they're in the best relationships I've seen. Somehow, though, there is a taboo against it. Why, is still beyond me.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:58 pm

I think most of my friends are married to the first real long term relationship they have been in.

I think it's a good thing, and imagine myself being in a similar relationship. My personality is just so strange... that whoever I end up finally get to that long term relationship stage with... we'll be perfect for each other... since no one else seems to really get 'us'.

I don't get romantic and gushy, but that idea seems really nice. But the way I fall for girls... it's really all a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.