The Role of Temperament in Dating

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 11:24 am

Temperament is the innate aspect of personality: a tendency to boldness or reticence, a high energy level or a low energy level, etc. Certainly this would play a role in dating and meeting potential partners. For example, someone who is talkative and has a high energy level may wear out someone who is less so; equally, the more introverted person will probably bore the more extraverted one.

In my personal case, I tend to be very determined, so when it comes to dating, if I have some liking for the woman, to want to take some kind of action to secure another date or to see her instead of waiting patiently. I also tend to perceive possibilities instead of focusing on the narrow present; that is, I see how a person's positive qualities can come to full flower instead of dwelling on the negatives. That's probably more character than temperament, though. I get bored pretty easily and so am usually pretty open to trying new things, which means I am pretty adaptable when it comes to dates and doing things; indeed I am innately curious and so enjoy getting to know people and their interests better (it's amazing I have so much trouble meeting women, nevertheless, really).

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 11:47 am

I don't really know what I'd feel most comfortable doing approaching women for a date, because all of my approaches have failed thus far. However, I do feel wary with girls who are quiet - at least to begin with, I might prefer a girl who was more talkative, though it should all even out after I get to know these people well enough.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran