Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ALittleLost
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2009, 8:25 pm

Okay - I'm sure that you're like most other people and keep hearing over and over again, the right one will come. How long does it take?? I feel so sad because everyone in my family is married with kids and I'm the only single one.

I do keep myself busy with groups and school but I still feel as though I should be with someone.

I've tried numerous dating sites. Most men don't email me back - maybe it's because I'm a little fat. I don't know. I wasted so much money on eharmony and they only seemed to send me matches in the u.s. and I live in Canada?

Problem I find with myself is that I start to panic when I think that a guy might be interested. Granted, this hasn't happened in a very long time.... but I panic and I withdraw so I never get anywhere.

Lonely today...Advice?

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

ALittleLost wrote:
Okay - I'm sure that you're like most other people and keep hearing over and over again, the right one will come.

People just say that... as if they knew... :roll:

ALittleLost wrote:
Lonely today...Advice?

Do something to take your mind off the loneliness. I usually turn to one of my interests/hobbies for that, like computer games.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 9:19 pm

Cyberman wrote:
ALittleLost wrote:
Okay - I'm sure that you're like most other people and keep hearing over and over again, the right one will come.

People just say that... as if they knew... :roll:

The only people that keep saying that are the folks who are already in relationships... i think it's them feeling bad that they're priveleged in this regard...

Cyberman wrote:
ALittleLost wrote:
Lonely today...Advice?

Do something to take your mind off the loneliness. I usually turn to one of my interests/hobbies for that, like computer games.

That can only get you so far... eventually the loneliness will grind you down... it may take years, but it will happen...

Last edited by ToadOfSteel on 18 Jun 2009, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdiousMatt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2009, 9:33 pm

You seem like a nice person who genuinely wants love and companionship. So you'll probably be alone forever, or get heartbroken every time :P.

No, just keep trying. There's lots of lonely people in the world who want the same thing you do.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 9:35 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Cyberman wrote:

That can only get you so far... eventually the loneliness will grind you down... it may take years, but it will happen...

Got a better idea? I'm not saying it's the "perfect cure" for loneliness (which is impossible anyway) but it's what gets me by...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 9:58 pm

Cyberman wrote:
Got a better idea? I'm not saying it's the "perfect cure" for loneliness (which is impossible anyway) but it's what gets me by...

The only way to permanently get rid of loneliness is to deal with the source...

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 10:02 pm

Cyberman wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Cyberman wrote:

I agree. Try to keep yourself busy. If you don't have that many interests, keep trying new things, until you find something you like. If you sit around the house all day doing nothing, you will probably just end up obsessing over this.

18 Jun 2009, 10:45 pm

My mom used to tell me the right guy would come. I had to make it happen by going around and meeting men but I used a online site. I have contacted some men but none of them replied back except one. Lot of them had to contact me. I don't know what advice to give but my mom told me I had to go out more often and that was how I meet men. She told me to join clubs like the ski club or go out to karaoke. I was never motivated to go out and I always preferred to be home. I started out by going to karaoke and always hoped I will meet someone.

sugarmama
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2009, 5:31 pm

There is someone special for you, you're just not ready yet and you have to ask yourself how hard you are really willing to work for it right now at this point.. you also have to ask yourself what would really genuinly make you happy outside of what a relationship would serve.. or you're just goint to have to settle for less than what you desire..

:lol: <--this guy seriously makes me nervous... am i the only one who thinks that?

Travell
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2009, 6:29 pm

SilverStar wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Cyberman wrote:

I agree. Try to keep yourself busy. If you don't have that many interests, keep trying new things, until you find something you like. If you sit around the house all day doing nothing, you will probably just end up obsessing over this.

yea. thats what i do. and any chance you get, get out of the house. sitting around on wrongplanet doesnt help the reason why people are on here is because they are not completely satisfied with their life or have not reached their full potential of what they want in life. This is why we neevr see bill gates or craig nichols on here. So do i fit that category of the people on wrongplanet. go figure

KnightGhost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2009, 11:29 pm

What do you do to get out of the house? I just came back from watching Star Trek the 2nd time, but that isn't conductive to socializing.

UnrelentingHorror
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2009, 6:39 am

K bud this is how it is.

Us aspies do have trouble in these areas. People are put off with how we act and any other of the numerous things that come with our disease.

THing is, and my best friend is like this... alot, we are our own worst critics. You may say your large but no matter what there are people that would describe you only as "curvy" which is much more positive. So just start trying to see yourself in that light. I know its hard and all but it will work. Because once you see yourself in a more positive light others will too. Its like this vibe of confidence people just subconsciously pick up on.

Also as an aspy female your in a unique position to get dates..... Ask people out. Being an aspie helps free you from BS social norms like that and at least half of guys not only would be thrilled to be asked out but find the power associated with it attractive as well. Just go for it! the worst you'll get is rejection which we've all faced so its not as big of a deal. So whats stopping you? Get yourself a good man and keep them with your confidence and sterling personae!