Expressions and What They Mean

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2006, 3:19 pm

So I got in a debate with my friends the other day about some common phrases which we were kinda unsure on, so I thought I'd post here and see what people think about them. We determined that it depended on where you were from, how old you were (this was a big factor) and your religion.

Since aspies (myself included) are often naieve in such areas, I thought it would be interesting to see what people had to say here.

First of all, there's the bases... Here's how I interpret them:

First Base - Kissing
Second Base - Petting
Third Base - Heavy Petting
Home - Sex

From there that lead to another debate on what petting was. To me petting is stroking the breasts (over clothes) where as heavy petting would be the same but hand under the bra, or in the crotch (over or under).

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 3:31 pm

hmm... sounds good... i wouldn't know, i just throw em on the bed like a ragdoll & have my way with them... or atleast that's how i'm -going- to do it... i only recently became a badass...! apparently women like baddassed guys...

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 3:33 pm

oh and, i went skiing today!! !! ! this is my second time!! !! ! it was great... there's an indoor ski slopes here in dubai...! i'm thinking of taking a ski vacation in the alps or something... i fell over once!! ! it didn't hurt at all... but apparently it can hurt a lot.. maybe i just landed well or something...

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 7:21 pm

Here's my interpretation of bases:

First base: kissing on the mouth with tongue
Second base: necking and petting with clothes on
Third base: any foreplay while naked
Home run: sexual intercourse

Here are some of my own terms:

Home run inside the park: oral sex, giving or receiving
Shortstop: petting while topless
Strike: getting refused when trying to get past a base
Out: being interrupted by your or other person's parents/roomates
Ball: getting to a base because one or both people are drunk
Grand slam: anal sex (put not intended, I'm serious)

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 7:33 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_euphemisms
Warning: Links to mature topics.

Additional warning: if you couldn't guess that already, I worry about you.

GuitarPlayer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2006, 2:22 am

Having never gotten to any and I mean ANY bases myself I feel kind of taken aback by this kind of talk. I mean, the last time I kissed a girl she told me she didn't appreciate it and then started dating Scott. What's more important than these bases is knowing when and where it is appropriate to kiss a girl in the first place. That's what I'd like to know... I mean, I don't want to be a virgin forever. Girls just don't seem to like me...

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 3:28 am

hellznrg wrote:
oh and, i went skiing today!! !! ! this is my second time!! !! ! it was great... there's an indoor ski slopes here in dubai...! i'm thinking of taking a ski vacation in the alps or something... i fell over once!! ! it didn't hurt at all... but apparently it can hurt a lot.. maybe i just landed well or something...

Congratulations on going skiing for the first time! I can tell you had a lot of fun. The Dubai ski"hill" is a lot more regular than a real one. On aregular one, you must watch out for trees and rocks... those hurt! Go to the alps and try it anyway!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 8:09 am

autisticon wrote:
So I got in a debate with my friends the other day about some common phrases which we were kinda unsure on, so I thought I'd post here and see what people think about them. We determined that it depended on where you were from, how old you were (this was a big factor) and your religion.

Since aspies (myself included) are often naieve in such areas, I thought it would be interesting to see what people had to say here.

First of all, there's the bases... Here's how I interpret them:

First Base - Kissing
Second Base - Petting
Third Base - Heavy Petting
Home - Sex

From there that lead to another debate on what petting was. To me petting is stroking the breasts (over clothes) where as heavy petting would be the same but hand under the bra, or in the crotch (over or under).

Yeah that's well and good but you really got to think about sex should be really the last very last after marriage last thing that should happen. Why talk about this in this forum. That's all I have to say about this.

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2006, 8:16 am

Oh wow, wikipedia really knows everything doenst it!

GuitarPlayer - your time will come. I was 19 the first time I kissed a girl, 21 the first time I had sex. Only now am I in my first relationship, the others before it were just drunken makeout sessions and the like during college parties

You will know when its appropriate to kiss by watching their body language. I find its best to "butter them up" first by doing some touching, whether its hand holding or just putting your hand on her back as you walk somewhere, girls eat up that kinda thing. When the time comes, put your arms around her and go for it. Do it slowly though, that way if you see hesitation you can just pretend you were going for a hug or a kiss on the cheek. But most often I know I'm clear to land before I go for the kiss.

I remember the second girl I tried to kiss... It was our 3rd date and I still hadnt made a move. I knew she liked me, just couldnt figure out how to get in there for that kiss. Eventually I just went for it. I startled her, she cuffed me to the side of the head and fell of the bed. She then told me she was just still unsure of how she felt about me. I never got another date out of her.

Oh, and just out of curiousity... what is necking? lol

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 12:24 pm

hellznrg wrote:
i only recently became a badass...!

Aw! You're a super-sweet guy, kind of like a big fuzzy teddy bear! :P You should try baking cookies for your lady; she'll think it's really nice of you.

You're not a badass. I don't know why you'd ever insult yourself by saying you're one. You're just a nice guy, a really sweet guy, almost like a brother.

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 4:27 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
hellznrg wrote:

Congratulations on going skiing for the first time! I can tell you had a lot of fun. The Dubai ski"hill" is a lot more regular than a real one. On aregular one, you must watch out for trees and rocks... those hurt! Go to the alps and try it anyway!

wow now your scaring me..! seriously though, it was FAB!! i learned a lot faster than the others... :) he took the better ones among us to the blue slopes which he wasn't really allowed to do cos we were just there for the ski lesson...! and after a while that felt sissy, so we went to the red slope!! ! and we skiied without the pointy sticks.... the pointy sticks are more trouble than they're worth... cos some kids were on the beginner slopes and they were constantly messing aroudn with their sticks and falling over and making everyone else fall over and even the escalator machine broke down a couple times due to their shenanigans

there's several more lessons that we have to complete before we're allowed to ski without a babysitter! :(

so anyways i see u've already tried the dubai ski slopes...! that's great..! it's really cool cos the summers here can be real uncomfortable, and at last there's temporary escape from the heat... yeah yeah i know, airconditioning... it makes me get respiratory problems...!

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 4:39 pm

TigerFire wrote:
autisticon wrote:

Yeah that's well and good but you really got to think about sex should be really the last very last after marriage last thing that should happen. Why talk about this in this forum. That's all I have to say about this.

it all depends on your starting premises... if you believe that there's an afterlife, then this life is just a temporary unpleasant halfway house and you're willing to put up with these fake rules like "no sex before marriage etc", because u know that there's something better than this life "beyond the rainbow" or wherever....

BUT... not everyone has the same starting premises. me, i'm an atheist... so i believe that this life is all we have, the clock's ticking, and it's up to us to make our life here a heaven or hell... and then at the end of life, it's just over, oblivion, white noise, nothingness... i aim to make every second count...

so yeah... my advice to u is, you really should think deeply about your starting premises... there's every chance that the "afterlife" is just a con game, an empty sham... u don't want to be stuck doing what the ancient egyptians did.... squandered every minute of their temporal inheritance on preparing for a fantastical never-never land beyond yonder...

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 4:43 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
hellznrg wrote:
i only recently became a badass...!

Aw! You're a super-sweet guy, kind of like a big fuzzy teddy bear! :P You should try baking cookies for your lady; she'll think it's really nice of you.

You're not a badass. I don't know why you'd ever insult yourself by saying you're one. You're just a nice guy, a really sweet guy, almost like a brother.

wtf!! baking cookies...! :P badasses don't bake cookies.. they eat em with one hand & beat up random people with the other... ! the only baking i'll be doing is buns in the oven..! women of the world, watch out and cross ur legs...! cos simon's the badass is in town... !

GuitarPlayer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2006, 6:06 pm

Hey, autisticon, to be more specific, this is how it all went down when I kissed her: Jen got out of the car and so did I. After that I kind of moved close to her to attempt a kiss and she backed away but did not say anything. I still kissed her anyway, but just on the cheek, which was my original intention. She kind of laughed and I told her I'd call her later. So I did and then she said something like "I just never looked at you that way. I don't appreciate it that you kissed me." Obviously I was in the wrong here and probably should have backed off when she pulled away. So, in short, I don't think her body language was in any way indicative of wanting to be kissed. I liked what you had to say on the topic though in last post. Can you now tell me what would be the correct body language from a girl when she does want to be kissed? Thanks, peace out.

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2006, 8:12 am

Wow, how does skiing have anything to do with anything? Way to hijack my thread, lol

TigerFire wrote:

Not all of us are religious, or have any intentions of having kids or getting married. I could start a huge topic of its own about why I dont believe marriage is of any use in this day and age.... but thats a different topic for a different thread.

GuitarPlayer wrote:
Can you now tell me what would be the correct body language from a girl when she does want to be kissed? Thanks, peace out

Its hard for me to describe... its something I had to experience myself before I learned to recognize it. If a girl wants to be kissed, she'll make it very easy for you. If she's keeping her distance then she doesnt want to be kissed. Sometimes its not even the body language so much as the eyes -- once again not something I can put into words but have learned to recognize it myself.[/quote]

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 4:30 pm

My own theory.

First Base: Kissing
Second Base: Touching boobies/getting your boobies touched.
Shortstop: Fingering/Handjob
Third Base: Oral Sex
Home Plate: Intercourse
Pitcher/Catcher: Well, you know :twisted: