Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:56 am

I seem to have a thing with people leaning on me falling over, etc. The other person was this girl that fancied me. But she was always getting drunk and was very emotionally immature for over 30. I remember her horrible greasy hair+products leaning against my face YUCK! She offered me sex, but I didn't feel that way about her plus she was seriously drunk and desperate. She would also pretend to fall over but more in I'm drunk I need to you help me up ;) She would be unable to get home on her own so I would have to make sure she got on the bus, etc. I kind of had enough of it so didn't see her again for a year. She did make an improvement or at least she was making an effort not to get too drunk and emotional then. I have no plans to meet up with her on a regular basis. I think she is trying to turn her life around or at least escape her f****d up family by making a new start in Austrailia. That is what I heard anyway.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:59 am

Seriously thought these are just a few bad encounters, most of the people I met are perfectly ok. Nowadays I am a lot more street wise. If something is not right then you don't have to see that person. The most important thing is not to be somewhere which is not familiar and isolated.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:57 am

^^yeah I got maneuvred into something like this once and after some 15 minutes had a massive flee reaction. I bet I must have made a very weird and unpleasant impression with it but meh :P

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 1:24 pm

All my best friends are online :D

The people I know in real life are either from groups or lived near me. I dont have much in common with them as they dont have aspergers or similar world view. I dont like them saying "bless" and "ooh, you are funny", I feel patronised by them and not understood or valued. I dont like being treated like I am mad or strange for my views and interests.

The online friends however all have aspergers and some of them are likeminded and I definately like them best. They call me funny much less!

Ive met some people who I know online in real life and they were even better than online. they were really nice and I could see them smile which rocked!

Its definately a good idea to know someone a bit online first as I have had scarey encounters with people in the past.

LPP- I would so like to meet you in real life! It would be great! :D :D

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 3:37 pm

lotusblossom wrote:

ha! yeah, I would definitely make an exception for LPP as well, he's a funny dude. and he has a discount on Playstations! :wink: :wink:

raspberryswirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Dec 2008, 5:30 pm

Having online friends is the exact same as friends in real life - sometimes you're compatible, sometimes you're not. I wouldn't write off internet friendships because of a few flops. One of my best friends for the past two or three years is someone that I talk to exclusively online. On the flip side, someone I consider a sister is someone I met in high school. It really just depends on where you're looking for friends.

That goes on and on; as it's been, so it shall be

Mishi_Sings
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2008, 10:26 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
I don't believe in e-friendships, I don't believe in "e-friends", I always did ....

People who are friendly to each others online are not necessarily compatible in real life , so online friendliness can't be counted as friendship...in my opinion.

NTs find it strange when I say that, most people tell me that they can form friendships through msn and can talk to them by phone on earlier stage without any awkwardness.

Is anyone like that?

That doesn't mean the friendship isn't 'real', nor doesn't it mean that it doesn't 'count'. If you never do anything but talk to that person online, it's still a friendship.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 7:02 am

I have a couple of people who I speak to online and one I would consider more of a friend than others I've chatted to. I basically don't have any friends offline so I like to be able to speak to people around my age group and who has similar interests as me online. It's a lot less awkward as you don't get these horrible silences when the other person can't think of anything to say and I always have to although that has happened a couple of times when I've spoken to people online. :lol: I would never meet someone I met online. Even if I was old enough and I'd known that person a long while but that's just me. I believe in e-friendships and for some people(myself included) it's a much easier and nicer way to interact with people. :D

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 2:21 pm

anna-banana wrote:
lotusblossom wrote:

. and he has a discount on Playstations! :wink: :wink:

I didn't get that at first ...but after I finished reading your pm I laughed.

In fact, I am more a PC/Xbox dude than Playstation. :P

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 2:31 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
lotusblossom wrote:

. and he has a discount on Playstations! :wink: :wink:

I didn't get that at first ...but after I finished reading your pm I laughed.

In fact, I am more a PC/Xbox dude than Playstation. :P

no worries, I was kidding :p

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 3:37 pm

Seriously, you can't except that e-friends would treat you the same once they meet you for real , this is a piece of convo with a 'e-friend' that I was chating with her over a year and we exchanged deep discussions.

me S . her A.

Quote:
A says:
so how was ur day
S. says:
pressure
S. says:
I was 165 cm yesterday ....now I am not sure if I am that long
S. says:
tall*
Alz says:
LOL
A says:
no way
A says:
that bad>
A says:
?*
A says:
w I am taller than u :P
S. says:
so? ...should I stop talking to you then? :P
A says:
no
A says:
i was just saying
A says:
geez man relax
S. says:
:-/ but I am relaxed. ...
S. says:
...and playing with my toes :P
A says:
hehe

this might sounds silly but I unintentionally mentioned something physical about me and the reaction was "no way, that bad?" (as if it's something bad) ....for instance , all these close conversations vanished because I realized if we really met offline I wouldn't perceived in the same way that this person used to perceives me online.

Maybe I am overanaylsing this but:

What if these e-friends see my other 'flaws'? My lack of social abilities ? my awkward walking? my sudden quietness ? my geekiness? my social life? my slightly deformed teeth?

Would they see me as the same? would they see me as the same friend they liked before? would they like to be their friend in real life?

Maybe yes but most probably not.

anna is right, the problem is that those e-friends usually have so much expectations and they get disappointed once they meet you for real...

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 16 Dec 2008, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 4:08 pm

Yeah I feel that people who try to make friends online are looking for someone "cool". Or "sound" as we might say in Scotland. They are looking for someone "hot" or "hunky".

Maybe this is why online "friends" are so unabashedly disloyal to each other, 'cause that's never the truth. You're more likely to befriend, or even get into an e-relationship with, a morbidly obese paranoid schizophrenic.

hotaru
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2008, 8:06 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I find that kind of upsetting, considering the only friends I have are "e-friends". I've never associated with any of them outside the internet, but without the internet I probably would have no social interaction with anybody except my family.

I'm the same way!

Also a fan of- The X Files, Sailor Moon and the Vancouver Canucks

oddbod
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2008, 8:13 pm

I've found there are people I can speak to online who I can speak to in real life and ones I can't.
I've also found out there are people I speak to in real life who I can speak to online and ones I can't.

I guess some types of friendships work better in different environments. Sometimes it's worth trying to migrate people from one to the other, and other times it's not.

I'm sitting on a fence.

raspberryswirl

18 Dec 2008, 8:20 pm

Keeno wrote:
Yeah I feel that people who try to make friends online are looking for someone "cool". Or "sound" as we might say in Scotland. They are looking for someone "hot" or "hunky".

Maybe this is why online "friends" are so unabashedly disloyal to each other, 'cause that's never the truth. You're more likely to befriend, or even get into an e-relationship with, a morbidly obese paranoid schizophrenic.

Or...you're not looking at all? Sometimes friendships just kind of happen when you frequent message boards or websites. The people you're talking about are those looking for dates and sex buddies online. And I don't know where this "unabashedly disloyal" thing is coming from...

That goes on and on; as it's been, so it shall be