Page 2 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 1:05 am

I have online friends. That's. It. I've tried making friends, but nobody else puts any effort into it.

Hu3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2006, 3:49 pm

I don't really want any friends, they just end up making me miserable. : p

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 9:10 pm

I'm alone most of the time, though I'm quite comfortable with that. I'm relatively lucky in having a handful of good friends, all of whom I'm under the impression are open-minded NT's. Open minded enough for us to be able to develop good friendships, with me, an Aspie. Indeed one of them knows about AS and knew I had it, long before I found out for myself.

I met these people through church. At church, most other people are willing to at least make small talk with me, but come no closer.

Before joining my church though, I can reliably say I had no friends.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 8:58 pm

I have "friends" I just don't have friends.
Not that that makes any sense. :) I'll try to explain.

I have loose friends. I hang out with them at lunch, sit next to them in class, work with them on projects (if I have to work with someone), but that's it. We don't share secrets. We don't share stories. They're always going to each other's houses. I never do. They walk to class together. I walk alone.

It doesn't usually bother me. It does periodically - the twins had a huge birthday party, to which they invited more than 10 people. (Our usual group is only 7 people.) I wasn't invited. That hurt. But since then it's never hurt.

Outside my group I'm not bothered by it ever. Most of my school thinks I'm standoffish and cold, and I have no real urge to change their feelings. I'd rather not be friends with them - they're shallow and vindictive. Besides, I have no idea how to interact with them - when am I just being boring? When am I offending someone? When am I supposed to speak? When am I supposed to shut up? When am I actually supposed to pay attention?

My loose friends don't have AS, but they have enough personality disorders - manaic depressive, depression, paranoid scitzofrenic (I totally just misspelled that - sorry!), suicidal, OCD, ADD, ect. They understand AS.
I have some online friends. They're ok.

But I know what you mean - being lonely sucks.

Three years!

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2006, 7:02 pm

I have a couple of friends from my class who have the same disabilitys as me as well as some without. I'm liked by a good bit of the "normal" kids but only as there "joke of the day" since I'm one of the funnest kids in the school. If I weren't so funny we wouldn't be talking. I've had "friends" who also got tried of me and just took advantage of me until I quit bothering with them. My grandmother("Nan") always told me "All you need in this world is 1 good friend you can have more but 1 is all you need". I like to be a loner but there are some places and situtations where I like to have someone else with me so I try not to be a "total loner".

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2006, 7:26 pm

i have friends, but i feel like all of them are leaving! one of them is moving back to china, another one is moving to another town, a bunch of them are graduating... you get it, no fair :(

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2006, 7:52 pm

I am generally good at making friends. For some bizarre reason people have wanted to become my good friend even though I do not make much effort. I don't care if these people are in my life or not. When I go out into the world to socialize it is to do something functional and then I usually end up meeting interesting people. I usually meet people who have made some mark on society and end up interacting with them in interesting functional ways. But I don't really want or care for friendships just for the sake of having someone to hang out with. Before I met my present partner I spent about ten years alone without friends and did not miss it one bit. Instead I did political activities and attended other functional events. It sounds terrible to say but I am bored by most people.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2006, 2:05 am

Friends? I have no friends myself. I never did. There were many I was able to speak to. But... never really friends. I was glad I wasn't really friends with some of the people I talked to. But it didn't mean I despised them or anything.

dreamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2006, 8:06 am

I don't have much friends in school but have alot outside and in the university eventhough I am a highschool student! Really I want more friends.....

IkariShinji
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2006, 8:47 pm

I think I have friends, but I can't really gauge what's appropriate to tell whom, so I don't really tell anyone anything - funny how you can say more here than to your supposed friends...

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2006, 2:47 am

Well like allmost all of you I have no friends..well..not really.
Throughout school I had "school friends"...people I would talk to occasionally and just hang out with, but this was a school only thing and limited to basic stuff. Nothing deep and meaningful. After I dropped out of High school, I had no real reason to see the very few people I knew, and as such havent talked to any of them in years.

I have tried making friends online, and eventually in real life. But that has so far not worked.

As of right now my best friends are online, most of who I have never/will never meet.

The majority of the time this doesnt bother me, but every once and a while I long to have someone to talk to, in the real world. Yet I just dont think it would work out.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2006, 5:04 am

I have few true friends nowadays. I have lost contact (to a degree, deliberately) with those from schooldays....

On sabbatical...

ChildoftheSun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2006, 11:11 am

I don't have really much friends either,mostly just some people I'm acquantainced with.Life can be really boring and annoying without somebody one can talk about.Life really looses its flavour without friends.I'm convinced that somewhere there's a friend waiting for everybody.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 6:26 am

I didn't have any friends for the whole of Year 8 (7th grade), and although there were some chums who often spoke to me I didn't really define them as friends. Now I have 4, two of them have Aspergers and there are 2 NT girls (but one of them left my school), who I like to talk to and work with.

I used to have a two-faced friend who was nice to me one-on-one, but in groups was very nasty. He has made fun of me in the past and I'm glad I broke up with him.

Whenever there is someone with Aspergers around, I would try to make friends with them because there are a lot more NTs than Aspies in schools, and you would be very lucky to see at least one Aspie in your school, so I would give it a shot. I think this way because Aspies share similar interests and perspectives, and aren't malicious or liars like some NTs can be.

McCartney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2006, 1:35 am

Just one friend, but who lives downtown from me. So we rarely see each other. We talk on the phone and that's it.

After that, I just have the people on my favorite messageboard, which I'm addicted to. Its one of those free proboards messageboards. I'm one of the administrators. Its awesome. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2006, 7:12 am

The only friend that I really have, is my "Wittle Wheaten", Chico. People just don't seem to even want to attempt to understand me. I have nine "Materialistic Friends", if you will. Seven Die-Cast Routemasters, another Bus that's a close relative to the Routemaster and the Green and Blue Leyland RT from the movie, 'Live and Let Die'. It's pretty strange, when I feel compelled to call my Buses my "Friends" because nearly every person that I've known was either callous towards me, or else they've used me.