I feel that 98% of the time I'm talking to myself.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 9:36 pm

I am in a similar situation myself.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LP0rc
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2009, 12:01 am

I think sometimes we care more about the conversation and its content than NTs do. They are conversing to establish an emotional rapport, we are conversing to share and exchange information.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:21 am

I always seem to talk at the exact same moment that someone else does. They seem to KNOW when to talk, I don't. I always interrupt someone, somehow, they all know that it's me interrupting, not the other person.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

29 Dec 2009, 5:01 am

I seem to have this problem sometimes...depends really. I try to talk to people around me...and they just nod or give me a blank stare. Sometimes though I dont really care if they are listening and I get really playful with them and then they pay attention because they want to be happy like me (at that moment anyway).

But Nt's are simple: they pay attention to those that have something they want whether it is social status, influence, happiness, money, the latest gadgets, knowlege that benefits them dirrectly, sex or tallent. They are rather simple minded,

If you want to interest these people then you have to lure them like a carrot on a stick

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2009, 5:32 am

LP0rc wrote:
I think sometimes we care more about the conversation and its content than NTs do. They are conversing to establish an emotional rapport, we are conversing to share and exchange information.

Very true...... For NT's it is about having the conversation most of the time, not the content

slashfrehley42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2010, 8:26 pm

Man, that happens to me all the time. I sit down for dinner with my family, and I'll be halfway through a sentence and just get cut off. Not just at home, either; in social situations too, people just interrupt me when I'm three words into a sentence.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 8:29 pm

I get really paranoid with this. I'm almost always convinced everyone secretely finds me horribly boring or annoying and is just pretending to listen to me.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.