Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2006, 10:15 am

deep-techno wrote:
Alternative, I am at the same stage as you and I know how you feel.

:) Thank you. Thank you to everyone thats posted their bullying experiences. I am really grateful.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2006, 10:50 am

I was bullied mainly from the ages of 9 to 15 (in my last year of school, things finally got a bit better and I was largely left alone). That was pretty much the whole school. It's the absolute truth to say that I was bullied by people I didn't even recognize. I can remember incidents of bullying pretty much from the time I started infant school, though.

I had one friend in school, but I've realized over the years that she wasn't much of a friend, because she used to put me down and make fun of me at every opportunity.

I was so worried about going to school that I used to throw up every morning before I went out. If I could manage to make the ten-minute walk there without somebody shouting something at me in the street, then that was a good day.

tefting
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Sep 2006, 3:54 pm

I got bullied in school from age two, till I graduated high school. I went to a "special school" to avoid the beatings but they continued there. Then I went to yet another "special school, same deal. I have never experienced people "growing up". As for what to do, it's a tough call. Work out, wear good running shoes look in your seat before you sit in it and look at the floor when you walk, for people tripping you. Sometimes it's helpful to go "WHY ARE YOU PUMMELING ME?" in hopes a teacher will hear, but sometimes it just makes things worse. It really depends on the teacher. If a teacher is beating you, you might be able to get something done, legally but it's hard.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2006, 4:11 pm

Hovis wrote:
That was pretty much the whole school. It's the absolute truth to say that I was bullied by people I didn't even recognize.

That was also true for me, all through high school. It always baffled me about how it's possible to be bullied by complete strangers. How did they even know who to go after? Did they just randomly pick me out of a crowd in the hallway, or are they friends with the bullies I know? Needless to say, it instilled me with a fear of strangers, and it took me a few years to get over it. During my first year in college, I was utterly paranoid of anyone who asked me anything other than something school-related or a basic "how are you" question It wasn't until later that I became more receptive to talking to new people.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2006, 5:53 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Needless to say, it instilled me with a fear of strangers, and it took me a few years to get over it.

I don't think I've ever really gotten over it. Even now, if I walk past a group of young people in the street and they don't giggle/shout abuse at me, I feel faintly surprised.

tefting

03 Sep 2006, 11:10 am

Being bullied by people you don't know means you're "famous". They know who you are you and you don't know who they are. In school you get, "famous" by being one of the most popular kids in school or one of the least. I wish I could say I didn't know what that was like. People claim that if you're hated "It's like being invisible". That is such a horrible lie

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 8:50 pm

tefting wrote:
Being bullied by people you don't know means you're "famous". They know who you are you and you don't know who they are. In school you get, "famous" by being one of the most popular kids in school or one of the least. I wish I could say I didn't know what that was like. People claim that if you're hated "It's like being invisible". That is such a horrible lie

tefting,

I can very well relate to what you're saying. I did my high school years in a little red-necked Northern Ontario mining town during the 1970's :wink:

Thanks for sharing.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Last edited by Papillon on 23 Sep 2006, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2006, 6:10 pm

tefting wrote:

Yes, that is a terrible lie. I mean if someone's invisible, how would you manage to express your hate with missiles (pencils), how would you see your target?

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2006, 8:55 pm

sigholdaccountlost wrote:
tefting wrote:

Yes, that is a terrible lie. I mean if someone's invisible, how would you manage to express your hate with missiles (pencils), how would you see your target?

Imagine too if only there was that phone call-tracing technology "way back then" and to be able to key in that tracing code to have the offending caller convicted! Wouldn't that have been sweet revenge!

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

lynxeye1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Sep 2006, 5:08 pm

I was bullyed from about 2-5 grade, When there i moved it was difficult find people who accept me. when i moved away i found the kids of ames high to be much more accepting of my randomness. There were some attempts to bully me after the move but it never was as sever or constant. when some one would ask me if i was a player i would simply responspond yes i am a soccer player.

lynxeye1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Sep 2006, 5:10 pm

i also remember getting in trouble for fighting when simply defending my self. zero tolerance on fighting yea that helped

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 11:35 pm

In elementary school, pretty much everyone was friendly with each other. I wasn't bullied, people just thought I was weird.

I started getting bullied in 6th grade (the beginning of Middle School). There were 3 guys who bullied me constantly in 6th grade. I often got called "ret*d", "gay" and a lot of other homosexual slander (even though I was straight and still am).
In 7th grade I think they all transfered to the other Middle School in my area. But then in 7th grade there was a girl who started calling me "ret*d", "gay", "fag" and all that other stuff. One time in gym class, I was throwing frisbee with my friend. She came up to us and started saying how we were "gay" and had "gay sex". She even kicked at least once to my memory.
Then in 8th grade, the 3 guys from 6th grade somehow got my screenname and started constantly harassing me over AIM. Yet again they were calling me a "fag" and "ret*d", but they also added things like "loser" and "nerd". I would block them, but they'd make new SN's and continue.

Two of those bastards from 6th/8th grade spent time in jail later on for different offenses, and I laugh at how karma got the best of them. The other one I think feels guilty about it, and says "hi" sometimes.

I'm a senior in High School now, and most of what I get now is weird looks and laughter whenever I speak in class.

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 5:11 am

lynxeye1 wrote:
i also remember getting in trouble for fighting when simply defending my self. zero tolerance on fighting yea that helped

*nods* And at least half the time, they missed the initatior.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 5:18 am

I have been bullied constantly since i entered the education system at the age of five. I am now eighteen and I still get bullied by the people who bullied me in school/college, they bully me on the streets we get threatening and absive emails and phone calls.

I AM EIGHTEEN WHY CANT THEY LEAVE ME ALONE?

I dont even feel safe at home anymore....

tefting

27 Sep 2006, 9:54 am

hyper_alien wrote:
I have been bullied constantly since i entered the education system at the age of five. I am now eighteen and I still get bullied by the people who bullied me in school/college, they bully me on the streets we get threatening and absive emails and phone calls.

You might be able to get a restraining order at this age.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 1:53 pm

tefting wrote:
hyper_alien wrote:

You might be able to get a restraining order at this age.

I agree with tefting. You should contact the police.