Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2005, 11:27 am

I used to be freinds with this kid for 8 years. It was really because the parents were freinds, though. Part of those years, we were in the same class together, too. This was the only real successful freindship I ever had. But I made behavior mistakes at his Bar Mitzvah in 2003. My parents decided that I shouldn't be near him, saying I shamed the family. But then, a few months later, they asked me if I wanted to be freinds with him. But I said no. During that time, I thought about it, and I decided that this kid just wasn't my type. He had absolutely nothing in common with me, and he didn't talk as much. My parents recently asked me again. So, I thought I'd ask you guys. Should I be freinds with this kid again, even though he's so different, just because my parents are freinds with his parents? Please tell me soon, as I'd like to know.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 12:23 pm

It sounds like a forced friendship. I use
to have one. When I lived in the BayArea,
Our neighbhor had a grandson, I was spastic
and he was annoyable. I didn't like him and
he didn't like me. Since they were neighbors
didn't make it right, but their their heart
was in the right place. It is really your
decision, and all I can really say is to
learn to accept differences in others as
they try to learn them about you.

Your parents sound controlling. This is
definely a bad recipe, and I can only give
a outsiders view and hope you follow your
heart.

God Bless,
Ghosthunter

P.S...What DID you do at the Bar Mitzvah
That was so terrible?

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2005, 4:19 pm

Let's just say I had a habit of asking complete strangers stupid questions.

And it isn't a forced freinship anymore...my mom would just prefer I be freinds with him, but she's giving me a choice in the matter, probably because I don't have any freinds now...I'm more tolerant in being in the same area with him then I was right after the thing...but hey, at least he reportedly told his mother at the bowling program both he and I go to that "That girl" (Samantha) was pretty!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 6:02 pm

Save the poor kid the grief.

if you want to be friends with him because you don't have anyone else, he's too good for you.

Faraquet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2005, 6:01 pm

"Save the poor kid the grief.

if you want to be friends with him because you don't have anyone else, he's too good for you."- Hale Bopp

Hale Bopp.... You strike me as the caring nurturing type. :P
Maybe you should spare 171NewYork the grief of reading your "advice."

It's seems like in a lot of your forum posts you have made a lot of comments that are reminiscent of those types of people that some may call a "b***h." Perhaps it is just your own negative mood being projected on to others but just so you know... It's not appreciated. :P

PS: You're not good enough

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 7:31 pm

Faraquet wrote:
"Save the poor kid the grief.

if you want to be friends with him because you don't have anyone else, he's too good for you."- Hale Bopp

Hale Bopp.... You strike me as the caring nurturing type. :P
Maybe you should spare 171NewYork the grief of reading your "advice."

It's seems like in a lot of your forum posts you have made a lot of comments that are reminiscent of those types of people that some may call a "b***." Perhaps it is just your own negative mood being projected on to others but just so you know... It's not appreciated. :P

PS: You're not good enough

Oooh - I think that's a little unfair on hale_bopp because, after all.................... OK I can't think of a reason, but I'm sure there is one somewhere..... :wink:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2005, 2:06 am

Trust me, I'm more understanding of people that don't troll.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2005, 5:57 am

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say- please remember to be respectful of the other members of this forum. Personal attacks are not acceptable, and just plain not nice. Let's try to keep things comfortable for everyone here, ok?

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2005, 10:24 am

Well, I think I might make a real-life freind on this forum, even though it's a girl...I'm discussing meeeting up with her in my e-mail account, maybe I will get a GF... :)

P. S. I have no problem finding freinds online, though they usually seem to be female freinds... :?

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2005, 12:52 pm

171NewYork wrote:
Well, I think I might make a real-life freind on this forum, even though it's a girl

.....because after all, you can only really be friends with boys, and girls don't count, right? :roll:

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2005, 1:05 pm

Her name's Mara, an her handle here is TaliDaRadical. 8)

She lives in NYC..of course, I'll meet her there if anywhere! :D

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Apr 2005, 1:50 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
171NewYork wrote:
Well, I think I might make a real-life freind on this forum, even though it's a girl

.....because after all, you can only really be friends with boys, and girls don't count, right? :roll:

according to chris rock there's no such thing as a guy's platonic friend.
Quote:
You know one cool thing about women, women get to have platonic friends. "He's my pal, he's my bud, he's my pla-ton-ic friend...I love him like a brother, he's my bud, my platonic friennd."

Men don't have platonic friends. We just have women we haven't f****d -yet-

I mean, we got some platonic friends, we go "Oh no I got some but they all by accident - every platonic friend i got is some women I was trying to f***, i made a wrong turn somewhere, and ended up in the friend zone - Oh No! I'm in the Friend Zone!".

Here is some more:

Quote:
"Women keep platonic friends forever. Why? 'Cause you never know. That's right, they get rid of girlfriends every six months. 'What happened to Pam? - She thinks she's cute.', But they keep them platonic friends forever. Why? 'Cause you never know. You know what a platonic friend is to a woman, it's like a di** in a glass case. In case of emergency, break open glass."

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2005, 3:53 pm

LOL :lol:

Sarah
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2005, 2:08 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
171NewYork wrote:

My best and only friend is a boy. We've been friends for a very long time.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2005, 9:54 pm

171NewYork wrote:
Let's just say I had a habit of asking complete strangers stupid questions.

I could say something negative here. I'd best hold my tongue. :|

Quote:
P. S. I have no problem finding freinds online, though they usually seem to be female freinds...

And tell me, what in the world is wrong with female friends online?! Almost all my friends online are male, and I don't care. Why do people discriminate people by their genders.... sorry, I shouldn't say anymore or I'll get into trouble.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2005, 6:05 am

Quote:
And tell me, what in the world is wrong with female friends online?! Almost all my friends online are male, and I don't care. Why do people discriminate people by their genders.... sorry, I shouldn't say anymore or I'll get into trouble.

Why would you get into trouble Chris. Because you are actually asking hard questions instead of being PC? Society could use more people like that. Ones that ask the hard questions rather than feeling that everything is hunky-dory hiding behind words that convey no meaning what so ever.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate