Page 21 of 37 [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 37  Next

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2010, 6:46 am

I'm 15, and I was diagnosed after my brother was, and my parents suspected I may have it too. I am very lucky in that I have a friend at school who's an aspie. I generally get along with people who are older, and like intelligent, civilised discussion and debate.

SundayStorms
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2010, 4:00 pm

Hello. I'm Sunday, and I'm new to the boards in general. I'm sixteen, living in Massachusetts, USA. It is strongly suspected that I have Asperger's but I have not been diagnosed for a few reasons. I'm a big fan of Monty Python, and for music classic rock (Dylan, Young, Floyd, ect), My Chemical Romance, Nightwish, to name a few.

I'm open to talking to pretty much anyone, because I don't currently have a lot of friends. My interests are politics, neuroscience, pyschology, and criminology, to name a few. Feel free to talk to me if you want!

stargirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2010, 12:58 am

Hi everyone, I'm a 16 year old girl from Perth, Australia. It's also strongly suspected that I have AS but I haven't been diagnosed.
My interests are classical literature, history and all sciences. I get along with older people and generally like to have long, intelligent conversations, that usually end up as debates. :) I'm not really good at talking to people in real life, quite bad actually, but once I know people I'm okay, so I thought I'd give online chat a try.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 9:45 am

I am a female who is 15 years of age.

I am interested in a wide variety of intellectual topics, and the most prominent being:
-Literature
-Music
-Philosophy (Existentialism FTW)
-European History
-American History
-Asian History
-Linguistics
-Psychology
-Genetics
-Human Physiology
-Neurology

And as hobbies:
-Reading
-Writing
-Playing piano
-Photography

I also like Doraemon.

Hittheroadjack
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2010, 6:37 pm

I'm a 16 yr old female in a Southeastern Wisconsin suburb.

I love art (though not drawing as much as I'd like right now) and have recently got into fashion (not trends, I mean where I like looking at vintage and photos of amazing things online I could never afford). I often listen to odd and old music like in the trip-hop genre (odd), Pink Floyd music - including early stuff among other things. In no particular order, I read a lot on things like animals, the mind, different cultures, different religions and such. Besides this, in any subject I might some tiny interesting things I like.

I often feel overwhelmed by all the information out the and the world in general. I'm very introspective. Like many here, I feel lonely. I've also come to dislike small talk. Within a day I'll often feel wonderful, curious, excited, hyper and triumphant and sad and bored and frustrated or empty. On the bright side, I care more about the happy feelings than the bad ones.

E-FrameZenderblast
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2010, 5:54 pm

I am sixteen years of age, male, lived in New Zealand for my entire life. I have mild Asperger Syndrome. I am really into philosophy and history as a secondary topic of interest (especially regarding weapons and culture from the middle ages and earlier) but I can get myself interested in anything with the motivation (dinosaurs, electricity, languages, outer space, you name it). I am against fashion (I cannot think of anything more pointless and more common) and sport (I do not know why, just not like it. I try and find reasons though :roll: ). I want to bring wisdom to society (major change in school systems required) and make people find out how to be successful outside of money and academic achievement. I like thinking, reading, visiting the neighbours' sheep, bouncing on the trampoline, listening to classical music and playing video games.
Currently I have a mad interest in the topic of a balance between good and bad in our lifestyles. Take for example, I have wild mood swings, but I found that at night, if I make myself cry by thinking about my problems, I feel a LOT better the rest of the time.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm

I Just turned 18, so I'm an oldie. :skull: (Jk, I'm not, but it feels like it). :lol:

ANYWAYS, I'll be friends with anyone who wants so long as they aren't:
-disrespectful :x
-someone who swears :shameonyou:
-mean :rambo:

I love running, drawing, singing, eating, living...etc (this is starting to sound like a profile bio....) :cheese:
I will answer any question as long as it doesn't release any unsafe personal info (such as OP stated...)
I hope people will read this and want to be my friend, and I will be theirs in turn...

Have a good day friends! :D

P.s.(If ever you pm me, I will always try to respond)

slasher666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Dec 2010, 11:34 pm

I am 16 years old and I'm from Pickering, Ontario. I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism when I was 3 years old, and when I was little I often got my pronouns mixed up. In elementary school, I hardly ever hung out with other kids, nor did I want to all that much. I liked spending my recesses by myself, wandering around the field and thinking about things that were of interest to me. As I got older, I started more and more often to wish I had friends, but then I though I wouldn't have enough time to hang out with them. I always felt left out because everyone else got invited to lots of birthday parties and I hardly got invited to any. I also felt left out of many other parts of a mainstream kid's life such as certain TV shows, movies, video games, and pre-teen dances. As I started high school, I became very persistent about wanting to have friends to hang out with in and outside of school. I'm in Grade 11 now, and this is still happening. I keep wanting to have friends, but I often feel a bit too shy and awkward talking to people (even though everyone else thinks of me as a talkative and outgoing person). 1 part of my autism that I find really annoying is that when I talk, I often get distracted or lose my train of though, which results in me pausing and stammering all the time. I always feel like I'm not important to anyone else, and that everyone either hates me or only accepts my presence to be polite. I can never really imagine anyone thinking or talking about me when I'm not around, even if they enjoy me when they're spending time with me. I feel like if I try to talk to people I like, all I'm doing is annoying them, because unlike me, they actually have real friends and all I'm doing is wasting their time when they'd rather be spending time with their real friends. My interests differ from those of most teenagers for the most part. I feel like I can only be friends with people if they're just as much of a desperate, lonely loser without any friends as I am, and good luck to me finding people like that! So far, there's only 1 person I know (a kid in a group I'm in for teenagers with high-functioning autism) who's actually mentioned me to someone else when I wasn't around. On Tuesdays after school, I have a practice for my school reach team. I have a couple of pretty good friends from there who I had over recently. Maybe this actually means I'm starting to make some friends. I have a really good friend who lives about an hour away from my house who's an aspie, and I love spending time with him more than anyone else. He shares many common interests with me and can always think of something to talk about. It's never a dull moment when I'm with him. Unfortunately, I don't get to see him very often because he doesn't live all that close to me. He and my mom are really good friends, and we usually see each other a couple times a year. I'm also very jealous of him, because he seems a lot more talented than me and he gets to travel to a lot more places than I do, and I love travelling more than anything in the world. Also, unlike my school board, his has special classes for aspies, so he's made lots of friends from school and also from drama camp. I always feel that since he has so many friends, he doesn't like me all that much and I'm just annoying to him and talk to him too much (which I guess is pretty ironic because he talks a lot as well). I wish I could talk to him on Facebook more often, but he won't even use the chat feature on Facebook. I wouldn't say I get bullied, but people at school bug me a lot. I always feel depressed and hopeless as if nothing in my life is ever going to improve. I hope somehow I'll start to have more friends soon and get to know them better. I'd love it so much if I could hang out with that guy I was just telling you about more often. Maybe I'd get to know some of his friends and he'd get to know some of mine. I'd love it if a whole bunch of us could just hang out altogether, just a whole group of aspies having fun doing things related to our topics of interest. Well anyway my life isn't over yet, so...

To Be Continued...

fluffypinkyellow
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2010, 12:12 am

I'm an 18-year-old girl from Auckland, New Zealand. I mainly like talking online-it's easier than in person. I am interested in history, particularly the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany. I am also very interested in social issues-especially things like sexism, racism and fundamentalism.

I also play the guitar and make jewelry. I like to debate about philosophical things. I also do stand up comedy and I want to become a primary school teacher.

If I do not sound unbearably boring, you can PM me and I will send you my email address and my Facebook page.

MadHatter25
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2010, 7:40 am

I'm a 16 year old Girl from the UK.

I love music and my favourite bands are: Within Temptation, Indica, Nightwish, Eluveitie, Lacuna Coil, The Rescues, Girls Aloud, Her Majesty and the Wolves, and Delain. (the only ones i can think of at the moment)

My favourite tv shows are: Private Practice, Greys Anatomy, Criminal minds, Vampire Diaries, Sea Patrol, Bones, Casualty, True Blood, Gossip Girl, CSI, NCIS, Airline, Charmed, The O.C, Law and Order SVU.

I love writing Fanfiction and reading them. I would love to make a friend on here, and uhh.... I love CHEESE! :D heh

The End.

KillerBunny123
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2010, 1:46 pm

Hi, i'm Robin, but some of my friends call me Sirius sometimes (as in Sirius Black) IO'm from Scotland and i'm 15 next month.

I'm a bit weird but i'm not afraid to admit it. My music collection is fairly normal, albeit normal for someone twice my age, with it including lot's of Queen, pretty much every album David Bowie did with Mick Ronson and a lot of random (and fairly obscure) 70's stuff. I can play bass and ukulele, and i can play a little bit of guitar, i'll probably never be good enough to play in a band though.

I've been unofficially diagnosed with AS, and there is an official diagnosis in progress, but because of the way it seems to work here, that could take months, or even years.

I've always been a bit of a technology geek, with various projects at various stages going on. The latest one is my new website, which will have articles about the various pieces of vintage tech i own.

Just having someone to talk to who understands what i have to put up with to get through life would be nice, it'd be good if they shared some of the same intrests though :D

MiaMidnight
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Dec 2010, 4:15 pm

Hi, I'm Miriam. Most people call me me Mia. I'm seventeen. I've been living near London since June.
I used to live in Cornwall and was diagnosed with High Functioning Aspergers when I was nine.

I really don't know what to say about myself so, read my intro thread?

You welcomed me in... (8) (: [<-- intro thread]

Oooh, there's one really important thing I didn't say - I've been engaged since 1st September to Jason [JaseMidnight] ♥

If anyone wants to talk - I don't mind what about as long as it's not rude or anything - then just PM me (:

domino
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2010, 8:52 pm

dominic, 17, atwater california random and proud of it :D adhd and pdd 2006

Shadowmutant
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2010, 7:00 pm

I am a 15 year old guy from the U.S. I am in high school and I find life really hard. It seems like most in school hate me no matter what I do when it comes to my personality. whether I am quiet or loud somebody is going to judge me in a bad way. I find it hard to look people in the eye whenever I walk into the school building thinking everybody is staring at me. Also I am very conscious if something is on my clothes behind me and thinking somebody is going to tease me about it whenever I am walking in public. I was hyper in elementary school but then in middle school I saw that people started to act very mean. I wanted to change my personality from hyper to extremely quiet so that nobody would think I am stupid or any other bad terms they say. Now people are confused about me, now with everybody acting totally different I can't connect with many people unless somebody has the same problem I do. Whenever I go to school now I have a dark and empty feeling that feels terrible. Its tiring and I feel sick each day I go to school. I am silent and don't communicate with anybody. I would wish everybody would understand me.

NadineWolfe

19 Dec 2010, 7:20 am

My name is NadineWolfe, although I have many names. I am a Deadpan Snarker, Ineffectual Loner who constantly feels like she is Surrounded By Idiots, although this may have something to do with being Not Good With People. I am part of a Dysfunction Junction group and generally qualify as the local Jerkass, although sometimes I manage to be the Jerkass with a Heart of Gold despite constantly dropping Cluster F bombs and (apparently) being a Consummate Liar with a knack for Sarcastic Confessions. I have a lot of issues; being an aspie is just the tip of the iceberg.

Interests:
Video Games
Writing stories, songs and poetry
Literature
Philosophy
History
Psychology
Genetics
War
Tvtropes (clearly)

SacredOreo
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2010, 11:12 pm

Hi everyone my names Isaac, i'm a good looking 16 yr old guy lol, currently in high school and i'm from Los Angeles, CA. I'm very shy and don't talk to people that often and the result i think i might have Aspergers , but i haven't been diagnosed with it. My interests include learning to play electric guitar, camping, martial arts, computers, video games and anything that catches my interest. To be honest, i don't have many friends and i'm a loner most of the time :'( because i'm not good at socializing . I've been lonely for so long, i've been feeling depressed but i always have hope. I hope in the future, things will be better for me and hopefully i'll be able to make good friends. If anyone wants to talk feel free to PM.