Page 18 of 25 [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Permanence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2011, 4:10 am

Hi I live on the south side of Brisbane

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 3:23 am

tonka wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
I'll be up there again on the weekend of 25th-27th Feb but I'll be at a music festival all day Saturday.

Unless someone wants to come to a BBQ at my brother's house on Friday afternoon/night on the 25th. Utensils and food in abundance and provided. Nothing like the last BBQ we all had :P. BYO drinks, padlock on esky recommended (off the rails teenage girls will be about).

Errr, what happened at the last BBQ?!

Sounds alright. Will check in later...

Being Aspies, we failed to communicate to each other about what we needed to bring. We still got by though.

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2011, 4:29 am

Ahhh ok.

Will many people be at this BBQ?

?We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient characteristic of life is its coerciveness; it is always urgent, 'here and now,' without any possible postponement. Life is fired at us point-blank.?
Jose Ortega y Gasset

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2011, 5:34 pm

There is an Aspergers Adult Support Group that meets at Zillmere. I met a lady at the Women's ASD meet on the weekend who goes and she says it's good... They meet 3rd Monday of every month from 7 to 9pm.

Info here - http://www.asperger.asn.au/index.php?op ... &Itemid=27

There is also a Brisbane Asperger Syndrome Adults Facebook group. They just sent me a message saying they are having a meet-up to celebrate The International Asperger Day on Saturday 19th February at the Kingston Butter Factory, Milky Way Drive, Kingston.
See http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=101075841589

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 6:14 pm

blue_bean wrote:
tonka wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
I'll be up there again on the weekend of 25th-27th Feb but I'll be at a music festival all day Saturday.

Unless someone wants to come to a BBQ at my brother's house on Friday afternoon/night on the 25th. Utensils and food in abundance and provided. Nothing like the last BBQ we all had :P. BYO drinks, padlock on esky recommended (off the rails teenage girls will be about).

Errr, what happened at the last BBQ?!

Sounds alright. Will check in later...

Being Aspies, we failed to communicate to each other about what we needed to bring. We still got by though.

No being aspies theirs a more than probable chance nobody will turn up. Your all such magical sociable creature, bloody amazing. :)

I wouldn't mind coming along though since I've got nothing to offer I'll pass . :)

Au Revoir . :salut:

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2011, 7:09 pm

is this BBQ still on?

?We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient characteristic of life is its coerciveness; it is always urgent, 'here and now,' without any possible postponement. Life is fired at us point-blank.?
Jose Ortega y Gasset

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2011, 3:16 am

i guess not.

Jose Ortega y Gasset

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Mar 2011, 3:44 am

anyone keen to meet up?

Jose Ortega y Gasset

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2011, 1:42 am

tonka wrote:
anyone keen to meet up?

Sorry, about to have a baby.

You could try the Aspergers Australia Meet-ups. Next one is Monday March 21st and they are for adults. I hear they are good.
Here is the link - http://www.asperger.asn.au/index.php?op ... &Itemid=27

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2011, 5:19 am

does anyone have the details for the group that meets on the gold coast?

Jose Ortega y Gasset

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 6:56 am

Hi Tonka, I just reviewed the 2011 messages on this thread,
and you have been seriously neglected! :(
I am willing to make time for you
pm me and we'll take it from there.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 7:31 am

Dear Rachel and Paul,
I am utterly overjoyed to receive your glad tidings of Connors new messy mate!
:D :)
My heart goes out to you and I hope your new arrival is both as pain free as possible and as deliciously wonderful as you expect!
Cheers and salutations!
:cheers:

Wolverine_girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2011, 4:01 am

ok is there any girls who are 17-20 who live on the gold coast? i am trying to make friends but it is really hard especcially since i have just graduated.

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2011, 4:47 am

Thanks for the well wishes syzygyish. :D Our little girl was born on March 22. Her name is Sophia. Things are... well very busy. We are all doing well though, even though sleep is not something I'm getting much of.

Wolverine_girl wrote:
ok is there any girls who are 17-20 who live on the gold coast? i am trying to make friends but it is really hard especcially since i have just graduated.

I don't know of a Gold Coast group, but there is a women's ASD group that meets every second month in West End in Brisbane. It's quite good. Details are on Facebook here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Au-Some-W ... 6830352181
There are some younger women who attend.

Wolverine_girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2011, 4:51 am

thank you. i apreciate it

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 6:12 am

Bella1 wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes syzygyish. :D Our little girl was born on March 22. Her name is Sophia. Things are... well very busy. We are all doing well though, even though sleep is not something I'm getting much of.

Oh my god !
:D :D :D

I was really scared to call you, in case, well, you know...
but,

It's A Beautifull Baby Girl!

WOOO HOOO!! !! !! !
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

....Sophia...What a beautiful name!

Congratulations Rachel and Paul,
You know, you are all in my heart?