Page 33 of 75 [ 1198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 75  Next

Imapanda
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2011, 2:14 am

Name: Christopher "Chris" Johnson
Race Pale-ass skrawny white boy
Orientation: Bisexual (large male pref.)
Height: 6ft 2inch - 187cm
Hobbies: Computer games, Sleeping, Reading, Internet (not that interesting right now)
Interests: General PC gaming rubbish, Various internet forums, Current events, Politics, Architecture, Infrastructure (physical and IT), Asian culture (primarily Chinese), Astrophysics
Music: Electro, Electronica, House, Drum N' Bass, Dubstep, Synthpop, IDM, UK Bass, Glitch-hop, Breakcore, Downtempo, Dub, Ambient, Piano, Neoclassical
Books: Sci-Fi, Science, Statistic (world record books & books w/ wierd interesting facts), politics.
Magazines: Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, PCGamer, GAMEINFORMER
Clothing: Hipster-esque slim jeans internet-bought shirts from various 3rd party websites.
Job: Unemployed welfare hogging high-school dropout. Planning to probably work at Barnes & Noble or Target after I acquire a GED.

Have a picture of my fat ugly mug:

Cathleigh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2011, 7:18 am

I'm tempted to copy and paste what I put in the 'Meet and Greet' forum, but I'll write something here.

I'm Catherine, I'm 20 years old, and I live in the UK. I was born and raised in London, and am now attending university in the Midlands. My dad's got Asperger's, my mum's NT, and my 18-year old brother's got severe autism and learning disabilities. I've never received a diagnosis of autism, but my parents and myself have self-diagnosed me. I'm on the waiting list for an assessment, I think I've got at least another 3 months before the clinic gets back to me.

I'm studying psychology at the moment, I find it interesting.

I like writing stories, reading fiction (I last read 'The Other Side of the Story' by Marian Keyes), having a cup of tea and a slice of cake with a friend (being with one friend at a time=good, 2=difficult, 3 or more=me in almost total silence),doodling, listening to music (currently I'm listening to Einaudi's piano pieces: I saw him perform Nightbook live, that was an amazing experience), and doing puzzles (I found a 3D puzzle in the charity shop once, since then I've been hooked).

What else is there to say... I'm Roman Catholic, although I'm not so sure that I believe in the doctrine as much as the faith, if that makes sense. I'm definitely Christian, but not so sure about following Catholic practices.

I used to have four guinea pigs when I was a teenager: they've all died now through illness or old age, but they were lovely. My brother has a labrador that I love.

I think I'll leave it at that for now :)

Amber-Rose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jun 2011, 7:08 pm

Hi, my name is Amber, I'm 19 and I live in the UK.

I have aspergers and OCD (yay!). The rest of my family are typically normal, so naturally they don't have a clue what asperger's really is and most of the time think I'm just being difficult!
I'm interested in fiction writing but my other interests vary from week to week, which is rather annoying.
I listen to any types of music, don't really have any preferences.
I'm studying biomedical science at the moment and struggling a bit socially, but other wise ok.

:)

nospam7676
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2011, 2:04 am

im a 35 year old male in wollongong
i have a twin brother but he doesnt have aspergers,
i was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome in 2007 and i only have one friend who i talk to who also has aspergers but he also has bipolar disorder,
i like to travel down to melbourne every year to just get away from it all and relax and recharge, i dont work but volunteer in the community to stop myself going insane from boredom thought i like my own company i do need to get out now and then

saramago
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2011, 10:11 pm

Hobbies: reading, cinema, walking, music, ...
Interests: philosophy, religion, science, ....
When were you diagnosed? Not yet.
Favorite music: Radiohead, Tool, Pink Floyd, The Shins, The Beatles, Bon Iver, Devendra Banhart, Mão Morta, Nick Cave...
Books: Gabriel Garcia Marquez, José Saramago, Umberto Eco
Movies: Eight and a half, La Strada, 2001 A space odyssey, Exterminating Angel, Come & See, Woody Allen, Kubrick, Fellini, ...
Clothing: Whatever works
Job: IT Consultant
Plans for the future? To find someone and share.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

I'm Beth, I'm 25, I live in the Philadelphia area but not actually in Pennsylvania, but it's just easier for me to write that cause it's the closest big hub. I live 45 minutes from there anyway and it would be a fun place to do stuff.

ANYWAY! My favorite band is Death Cab for Cutie but I like a lot of different bands and music. I just am not aware of all that there is out there. I have liked The Arcade Fire and Lady Gaga a lot recently!

Hmm... I'm not sure what else to say... I like learning other languages!

Kevtrev
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2011, 7:23 am

The name's Kevin and my 21-year old self lives in the Netherlands (just south of Gorinchem). I'm studying to become a Dutch <---> English translator, because my English skills are top notch! Sorry, I'm bragging, but hey, gotta stay positive and confident, right?

My favourite actor is Sean Bean. I like to draw, write, read, watch films, play games, browse the net. I don't go out much, because my one and only true friend lives in the UK (and though we have yet to meet in real life, I know for a fact he's a friend for life, bless him). In the past, I have tried to make friends who live close to me, but I've learned the hard way that it's impossible to force friendship - it has to just "happen". Easier said than done, I know. Either way, I'd rather have just one good friend than twenty.

My greatest wish? To find true love. :D My greatest fear? To be forever alone. 8O

Numan666
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

21 year old geography student from New York. music producer. hi

Anamnesis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jul 2011, 3:30 pm

Pinching someone else's post format works wonders:

Name: Sébastien (Seb works just as well) Renauld
Race: ...European? Pass.
Orientation: Straight
Height: 6'1" (185cm)
Location: Depends on the time of the year. termtime, at Bristol. Holidays, at Oxford (both in the UK). From time to time, I also go and see my family in France.
Hobbies: Reading (both around my student subject and other subjects, books, sci-fi, so general reading), motorcycling, playing music
Interests: A lot of stuff. Just about anything that requires a brain.
Music: Varied, but mostly metal of all sorts. Anything with decent lyrics.
Books: Sci-Fi almost exclusively in terms of fiction. For non-fiction, anything remotely interesting
Magazines: None
Clothing: Not that unique. Generally, people see it as smart casual. Not that striking/outstanding, fits-anywhere, which is the intended purpose.
Job: Student, web programmer/designer.

MissWiggy
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

This feels weird since I don't really like 'describing' myself but I guess it's is a good way to try and meet some like-minded people, so umm... yeah, here goes :D

I like to...

Read - mostly fiction, psychological thrillers
Write - mostly as a means of expressing my thoughts and emotions though I hope one day to write a proper novel... or several.
Listen to music - I like all sort of different genres
Watch movies - mostly action, horror, sci-fi .... I tend to avoid rom-coms like the plague for some reason
I don't really watch tv a lot but I occasionally like stuff like QI, Family Guy, Monk and mostly science documentaries

I'm passionate about animals, nature, science.
I'm quite misanthropic and don't like people but psychology is quite interesting... knowing what might make people tick.
I enjoy tinkering with graphics design and web development but I'm only just learning.

Hmm.. I am an atheist and I am currently married... is that relevant? Dunno but there it is :lol:

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jul 2011, 12:57 am

Hobbies: Playing guitar, looking up information on psychopharmacology, and drugs.
Interests: Drugs, Entheogens, neurotransmitter system, Neuroscience, and music.
Movies/TV: American Beauty, Pi, Twin Peaks, Carnivale, anything Coen brothers make.
Music: Neutral Milk Hotel, Tool, Opeth, Eisley, Fleet Foxes, Muse, Sufjan Stevens, etc etc
Books: e.e. cummings poems, Dostoevsky, Plato, etc.
Favorite Games: Final Fantasy and Resident Evil series.

Why not try this. I like knowing more people.

orbit777
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

Hi I have just joined today and hoping to make friends here. I am university student. Taking Computer Science and Mathematics. I like reading books, Card games, some Science fiction films and computer online games. I am currently in the process of joining the Rock Climbing Club as I enjoyed this when I tried it early this year. During my university holiday I live with my parents near London. I would like to meet up with people of like minded and have fun. I am also flexible can cope with a lot other activities.

XxXFOODXxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2011, 6:27 pm

please don't mess up this description of myself. please don't mess up this description of myself. please don't mess up this description of myself.

Hi everyone... my name is Sean... i am 19 years young... my gender is male... i live on a planet called Earth... i live on a land mass known as America.... to be more precise i live in a area of America that is heavily shrouded in a plant known as corn... and i enjoy using a piece of technology known as a Video game... i also enjoy talking to other intelligent life forms such as homosapiens and border collies.

tapedeckghost5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

I have trouble with keeping friends, because I stop talking to them after one fight. I wish people would just tell me when I've done something wrong so I can fix it. Seems like having friends shouldn't be so difficult.

random_confusion
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2011, 9:55 pm

Hey, I'm 26 and female. I live in the USA. I got 2 BA's in psychology and criminal justice. I have had a temp job doing tech support and right now I'm very, very lucky to be able to work from home. I like to read, play piano, sing, draw, play The Sims and a few other games.. and I don't know what else to say right now.

CarolT
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Aug 2011, 7:10 am

Hi all
I live in England.I am 39 and have 2 children.I am in a relationship but sometimes would rather be single. I have a hard job making friends, and if i manage to make friends, I struggle to maintain the friendship because I tend to be closed off about a lot of things.
I love to read, i am a christian (which brings a whole new set of problems) and try to get through each day as "normally" as I can.